Real 4x4 trails—proven fun places to go! App contains over 600 of the most popular off-road trails in Colorado, California, Arizona and Moab, UT. All trails have been driven and GPS tracked by scouts of FunTreks Guidebooks, Inc. App provides trail descriptions, difficulty ratings, directions to start, track logs, waypoints, digital maps and real-time positioning.
- Easy, moderate and difficult routes for all skill levels and vehicle types, including stock 4x4 SUVs, hard-core rigs, UTVs, ATVs and dirt bikes.
- Simple, intuitive and very easy to use. “Tech savvy” skills are not required.
- Detailed satellite views when online. While online, one-click quickly downloads terrain maps for offline use. Downloaded maps operate at zoom levels 11-16.
- No need for a stand-alone GPS device. Just use your GPS-equipped phone or tablet to follow the trail and see your exact location.
- Provides live, turn-by-turn directions to start of trail using “Apple Maps,” plus detailed directions written by a person who actually drove to the trailhead.
- See your GPS location and elevation by touching the blue locator dot. Touch any waypoint to see its GPS location.
- Sampling of over 600 trails includes: Colorado’s Holy Cross, Black Bear Pass, Pearl Pass and Aspen Mountain; California’s Rubicon, Dusy/Ershim and Mojave Road; Arizona’s Broken Arrow, Woodpecker Trail, Bloody Basin and El Camino Del Diablo; and Moab, Utah’s Easter Jeep Safari trails plus trails in Canyonlands and Arches National Parks.
- Trails are fully documented in FunTreks, Inc. printed guidebooks (previewed but not sold in this app). FunTreks, Inc. is a Colorado-based company dedicated to providing trusted products and personalized service. Call toll-free at 877-222-7623 to talk to our trail experts or visit our helpful website at www.funtreks.com.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Book is Better
*Recommend book AND app*
I already have a book so I thought the app would be great in order for me to keep my eyes on the trail. Great in theory buy not in practice.
While this app will get you to the trail head, or the end, you won't get much out of it after that other than a pink line showing the suggested route. Directions to the trailhead use Apple maps so if you have Apple Carplay and want to see it on the bigger screen it's great. But now that you are there you have to use the apps map to see the highlighted pink route... which isn't projected on the head unit cause Carplay doesn't work with 3rd party apps. Even if you install the specific trail map to your device, get to the trailhead, then decide to have the app route you to the end of the trail using the default Apple Maps it won't work cause you probably have no service.
I found myself still using the book and glancing down every once in awhile to make sure I was on the right path but the book is written so well you don't need the app. This is not a $60 app IMO since it doesn't replace the book but is a minor supplementation to it. Make it $20 and it's easier to justify but you can get to the trailhead using the GPS coordinates in the book and download offline maps using Google.
Without turn by turn directions and Apple's inability to display 3rd party apps as of writing this there's not much to see here.
Best off-road App I've used
I moved to northern Colorado 3 years ago with the intent to explore as much of this beautiful state as possible. I had no idea about the hundreds of off-road trails in this state until I bought the FunTreks guide book at a local 4x4 shop. I hit every trail possible. It wasn't until I went to Moab and forgot to pickup a trail guide that I realized FunTreks had an App. I bought the app and downloaded all the trails I wanted to hit while in Moab. Love this App. It works hand in hand with my guidebook and makes me feel at ease knowing the app works with my GPS when I'm out of service. Great job guys. Can't wait to see what's next.
Worth Every Penny
New to off-roading, I was concerned about getting lost. Yes, the price made me hesitant, but after really thinking about worrying about if I’m on a given trail or not — while focusing on driving, I decided the piece of mind would be worth it. And it was. I used this on several trails in Sedona, AZ in ‘16 and again in Moab, UT in ‘17. I proved absolutely worth the price. Shows were you are on the trail — even without internet connect — once the trail is downloaded with a connection. Super easy to use.
I’m very pleased with the app and hope that it is something the creators continue to develop and expand. Be safe out there.
- FunTreks Inc.
- 164.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 FunTreks Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.