The Furniture Is Alive in 3D - A Peek 'n Play Story App
By Mobad Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sale on all Peek 'n Play Apps until March 6th!!!
The Penelope Rose, Welcome to Monster Island, Year of the Dragon, Rosita y Conchita, Billy the Unicorn, Chug the Bug, The Gwaii
Imagination is a beautiful and sometimes scary thing. The childhood wonder of everyday events is explored in humorous detail in this living room adventure about confronting imaginary fears.
What critics are saying...
• "Though the story has a spooky undertone, it is still a great one for smaller children who like to be a little silly. The text is lyrical and rhyming which gives the book an upbeat tone and a certain enjoyable momentum and flow. The graphics give a real feeling of 3-dimensions with an environment that interacts with you visually as you tilt, turn and twist your iPad. One of my favorite features with interactive books is present here with the ability to turn on hints for the hidden treasures. This is fantastic for the younger children who are easily frustrated or tend to lose interest when they can’t find the things to tap and swipe. Older children enjoy the hide-and-seek style of hunting for the animated extras which makes it nice that you can disable or enable this one with ease." - PadGadget
• "Pages are crowded with interactions which draw the reader in to become the story, not just an observer. Houses move, bins tilt, picture frames acquire contents and a bison, a bear and a bird randomly appear at various windows. This foreshadowing of the action before it starts is a clever device to use in a story app for young children as it adds a deeper layer to the surface narrative – why is there a giraffe in the garden? What might be about to happen? And why is there another, rather shadowy ball, in the garden? Readers have to be quick to spot some of the hints and the app needs several readings in order to grasp all of the details." - Gill Robins
• "It's an enjoyable storybook app which reminded me of a slightly scarier version of The Cat in the Hat ! The illustrations are cleverly designed so you can see why the little boy sees the household objects morphing into monsters. You can also really relate to his attempt to justify why the house has been trashed and his mum's disbelief so it's a cute story that parents and kids can read together." - Madhouse Family Reviews
• "Read To Me" highlights the words to improve reading skills
• "I Can Read" allows reading at your own pace
• Individual words can be tapped and multiple words selected to hear that section of the story played back
• Interactive delights and hidden objects on every page
• Original music and soothing narration
• Hints can be turned on to assist in finding interactive thingamabobs
• Auto Play available if you want to watch the story unfold like a movie
Mobad Games is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 4-7, 8-10,
Categories: Book, Reading, Sight Words
What's New in Version 1.2
Updated for iOS 7 with a new parental gate for external links, and other improvements.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Dec 06, 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 72.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mobad Games
- © 2013 Mobad Games, LLC. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.