FutureCalc is an ergonomic calculator, possibly the first of its kind, specifically designed for single-handed use. All buttons are accessible for the thumb without repositioning the phone or supporting it with the other hand.
Two layouts are available to choose from: we call them Radial and Concave. Each can be flipped for either right or left hand use.
- No equal sign: the results are displayed "on the fly", so no need for an extra tap.
- The basic set of arithmetic operations: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division; the internal format is 64-bit floating point.
- Flip the keypad for use with either left or right hand using the button with two arrows.
- Switch the designs using the settings button at the bottom.
- There is only one CLEAR button: tap once to delete a digit, or tap and hold for a second to reset the calculator.
- Copy/paste supported: tap on any of the displayed numbers; the editable number allows copy and paste, while others are only copyable.
- Maximum length for arguments in this version is 16 digits.
- Works on all iPhones starting from 4S. The 6/6S design is adjusted so that the physical size of the buttons is the same.
Enjoy your numbers!
- Replaced the multiplication symbol • with × (previously, some users couldn't find the multiplication function and left very negative reviews here. Well...)
- iOS 8 and 9 are now supported
Ratings and Reviews
New Update earns 4 Stars!
Multiplication (X) function is now easy to find making this my go to calculator. Thanks for listening! Want 5 stars? Allow the user to assign the location for each function to suit their personal preferences.
Wish I could make this my default app when swiping up from the bottom. What a cool idea.
Need to get used to no = button. But love the tape function built it. Keep designing useful stuff. Kudos to the developers!!
It's a simple, and therefore limited calculator, but it's whole point is in its innovative design and how it allows ease of single hand, single thumb use. Nice work.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.