By Marcus Olovsson
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
With FuzzyTime you get a simple, human readable clock in your menubar, that can be used instead of your computer's built in clock. Instead of 16:40, you would see "twenty to five".
Why would you want this? Apart from being a new fun way to display time (especially with language options like "Bork Bork" or "Jive") it can also be a great way to reduce stress. FuzzyTime only updates every five minutes, which makes you less likely to worry about minutes ticking away and not getting your work done, but still gives you a sense of time so you don't have to fear missing any meetings or similar.
FuzzyTime is the spiritual successor to the classic application FuzzyClock, and supports all the 74 languages that FuzzyClock did, and more! You can also spice up your clock by using a custom font.
Another neat thing you can do is setting up special times where you would like to show a certain message or play a sound. Very useful for remembering lunch!
Don't forget to check out our website for more hints when using FuzzyTime!
What's New in Version 1.2
• Completely redesigned Preferences-window!
• Added a slider to adjust verical alignment on custom fonts
• Added an option you display time in ALL CAPS
• Added an option to show weekday in the menubar
• Specials can now be disabled without removing them
• Added a (non-interactive) calendar to the statusbar menu
• Minor fixes on a few languages
great FuzzyClock replacement
Been using FuzzyClock for I don’t know how many years now, carefully hoarding the installer lest it should disappear from the internet. Although FuzzyClock seems to still run under High Sierra, I noticed it was 32-bit and figured its days were numbered…
Then, lo and behold, I discovered this app and it’s a totally perfect replacement. It’s beautifully designed and even (heresy alert) maybe improves on the original a bit.
There seem to be a couple rough edges (the calendar isn’t very legible in dark mode, for one), but let’s all remember this is a free app. Not to ruin the party, but I’d have happily paid a couple bucks for this one.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 13, 2016
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 5.4 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Ladin, Malagasy, Norwegian, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Welsh
- Seller: Marcus Olovsson
- © Marcus Olovsson
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor