Gear Music Player
By Zsolt Szatmári
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Gear Player allows you to manage your Google Play Music and YouTube music collection, without the difficulties of a web browser or Flash Player. This way playback is flawless, navigation is swift, in an easy-to-use interface.
Users can upload 50,000 of their songs to the Google Play Music* service for free. Put your music into the cloud and listen to your songs without carrying them on your device! Edit your music library comfortably with Gear, access songs on YouTube too, create playlists and radios, use the EQ, rate songs, scrobble them to Last.fm, or if you wish, save for later offline listening**!
We appreciate every feature request, and encourage you to write your opinion to us. Please drop an email in case of encountering any bugs (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit the forum on our website (http://www.gearmusicplayer.com/forum.html)!
- full Google Play Music All Access*** support, including curated radios***
- YouTube support
- gapless playback
- graphic Equalizer
- customizable shortcuts
- pause/play by pressing Space
- pause playback if Mac goes to sleep
- Last.fm scrobbling
- audio output devices: AirPlay, ChromeCast (except the ChromeCast Audio), or even multiple devices at the same time
- Notification Center (on Mountain Lion or better) / Today View widget (on Yosemite)
- Offline mode (only for Google Play Music)
- can sit in status bar instead of Dock
- add song to/delete songs from Library (by right click on song)
- create Radios and Instant Mixes based on song, album, or artist (by right click on each)
- select multiple songs and add to offline
- 'I'm Feeling Lucky’ radio
- editable queue
- Previous, Play, and Next buttons in OS X status bar (can be turned off in settings if not desired)
- rate your songs with optional 5 star ratings or thumbs up/down
- create Auto playlists (Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down, Recently Added, the meaning of the latter is configurable)
- order songs by international characters
- full screen support
- high resolution album art via Last.fm
- compatible with Nicecast
- 2-factor Google authentication
- fully Retina compatible
- edit song metadata
- post currently played song via Twitter or Facebook (on Mountain Lion or better)
*Google Play Music is a music streaming platform that lets you combine the Google Music All Access catalog with your own library. With All Access you can enjoy unlimited listening to millions of songs and creating custom radios.
**only for Google Play Music
***a subscription to Google Music All Access is required
What's New in Version 2.2.36
Can’t even use it
I’m using High Siera and just bought the app because it honestly looks and sounds fantastic. My issue though is after authenticating to Google I can’t even listen to 5 seconds
of a song before it crashes, if I can even get a song playing.