G-Map U.S. East
By XROAD, INC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Live Traffic available now as G-map values consumers’ comments and feedback (In app purchase)
Consumer Reports (July 2009) - "G-map is a decent GPS application…"
Gizmodo(March 2009) - "It has very clear, accurate and understandable…"
iPhoneappreview (Oct 2009) - "It is the fastest loading app I have..."
► MAP DATA: NAVTEQ
► WHAT IS THE G-MAP?
G-map is the first voice-prompted turn-by-turn GPS navigation software available for iPhone and iPod Touch. No wireless connection needed to get you to the destination.
► WHAT ARE THE MAJOR FEATURES?
- Live traffic: Displays the level of traffic on your route in different colors. Allows you to avoid traffic tie-ups by choosing alternative routes, all presented with real-time traffic information.
- Text-To-Speech: Speaks street names, so you can keep your eyes on the road.
- Instantly converts iPhone’s address book contacts to routing destinations.
- Music automatically resumes after navigation voice guidance
- Automatic resumption of navigation after a telephone call
- A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) Routing: G-map actually learns your route preferences and applies them in future route guidance
- Point on Map: When you touch any point on the map, the G-map provides detailed location information, including street address, city, state, zip code and phone number. G-map also offers the option for a route from your current location to the point on the map you’ve selected. This is helpful when you know the vicinity of a destination, but not exact address.
- Real 3D View: G-map provides detailed, realistic 3-D renderings of major urban intersections and highway junctions for 185 metro areas, in your choice of full or half-screen configuration.
- Flexible Trip Planning: Enables user to add multiple waypoints when creating route and simulate the routing among them all. Ideal when making numerous stops during one trip.
- Suggested Keyword Search: G-map intuitively suggests search results, based on letters you enter. This saves you time when entering data and the suggested options are helpful when you are unsure of exact location names.
- Simulated Routing: G-map lets you preview your route by animating the path of the entire route of to the selected destination. This feature helps you to understand the route and select an alternative, if you prefer.
- On-board GPS navigation solution that needs no internet or Wi-Fi connection
► WHAT ARE THE COVERED AREAS?
- Illinois(Chicago and more; please check the website for more detailed area info)
- Michigan(Detroit, Lansing and more; please check the website for more detailed area info)
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- Tennessee(Nashville, Morristown and more; please check the website for more detailed area info)
- West Virginia
- Wisconsin(Milwaukee, Madison and more; please check the website for more detailed area info)
► WHAT ARE THE OTHER FEATURES?
- Intuitive and Easy-to-Use User Interface: Functions are logical and easy to figure out; graphics are easily understood.
- Point of Interest (POI) Editing and Memo: User can personalize POIs with a title, phone number, and memo. User can include helpful notes, such as hours of operation for a destination business, etc.
- Display Favorites and Point of Interest (POI) Icons: User’s favorite destinations and POIs are visible on the “View Map” display.
- 3-Way Map view mode setting: North-up, Heading-up, and 3D view
► HOW CAN I GET THE DETAILED USER GUIDE OF THE G-MAP?
Please visit www.gmapdrive.com to download the user guide of the G-map
What's New in Version 2.1
1. Live traffic available(In app purchase)
2. Inner iPod Controller added
3. App Settings available within the App
4. Navigation map UI improved
5. Bugs fixed
UPDATE: GPS Application runs well on iPhone 4...
This application was a huge failure on my iPhone 3G. It simply didnt function. No matter what I did, and how many times I reset the phone. The GPS was confirmed to work, because google maps worked just fine, but this thing just didnt work...
However, after getting the iPhone 4, this thing finally works as advertised. I had it connected this morning sitting in the passenger seat to my pioneer head unit. I was playing songs through the iPod connector and the software would speak overtop of my music when it needed to give directions. I suspect the GPS antenna is much better in this particular phone. I didnt get a chance to check the maps out much, and was relying strictly on the voice guidance. I'll check that out later and review this again, but for now it will go from 1 stars to 3 stars. It doesnt get 4 stars or better because it doesnt have all the features or ease of use of the other GPS software, and from personal experience, the support is not good. Buy it on-sale.
Version 2.1 is a great program. The user interface has been improved, the voice guidance works great, the contacts lookup is working, and the settings accessible from within the program is great.
For those complaining about the voice guidance, you need to set a route first, then use your iPhone volume controls to turn up the voice volume -- for some reason it may initially be set to zero volume. Also, the voice guidance won't annunciate if you have the iPhone set to vibrate mode.
This does everything it says it will, the maps are accurate, and it is very cost effective.
This app is nice for the price and does a reasonable job of getting you to your destination. The problem is that it is not updated nearly enough and it needs some help. First, we still don't have multitasking. This is very important since when you exit for let's say a phone call you loose everything. Go back in and you need to wait through a warning and then reprogram your route. It takes minutes! Why? When we now have iPhone multitasking?
They also need to get more customer focused. I own east and west but they have mo upgrade path to the USA and Canada version. Thus if I want traffic I need to pay twice? Why? Can't you give me an upgrade path?
So please! Help out your customers and fix this stuff. This is not a cheap app. We deserve better.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 02, 2010
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 981 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: XROAD, INC.
- © XROAD Co., Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.