Updated quarterly, this free app provides an overview of exhibitions and projects at Gagosian Gallery. Offering unprecedented access and a wealth of art historical knowledge, this truly immersive interactive art experience is designed to both educate and entertain.
Artists highlighted in Issue #4: Georg Baselitz, Piero Manzoni, Robert Rauschenberg, Nancy Rubins, Thomas Ruff, Taryn Simon, and Cy Twombly
What’s new in Issue #4?
* Illustrated "pop-up" biography of Georg Baselitz
* Piero Manzoni's Azimuth magazines digitized with full English translations for the first time
* Endless “art board” of works from The Private Collection of Robert Rauschenberg, including historical and biographical information on more than seventy-six artists
* Comprehensive overview of Nancy Rubins’s monumental public sculptures made from industrial objects
* Thomas Ruff’s stereoscopic ma.r.s. photographs in 3-D
* Interactive, multimedia highlights from Taryn Simon’s four major bodies of work, curated by the artist
* Cy Twombly’s final paintings and a photographic and audio tribute to the artist by Sally Mann
Existing features include:
* Gigapixel and hi-res tiling imagery for select works
* Touch-sensitive “sketch” viewer
* 180 and 360 virtual reality object viewer
* Dual channel 3-D room
* Artwork rotator
* Audio commentary
* Gallery and shop panoramas
* Video interviews
* Full exhibition calendar
* Artist bios, location maps, artist reviews
Gagosian Gallery is widely recognized as one of the most influential art galleries in the world. Since its founding three decades ago, the gallery has expanded to eleven spaces in eight cities: New York, Los Angeles, London, Rome, Athens, Paris, Geneva, and Hong Kong. An unparalleled program of historical exhibitions is regularly presented alongside exhibitions of new works by the world’s most renowned living artists.
The Gagosian app continues the gallery’s longstanding commitment to documenting the work of its artists. The app was designed and developed by @radical.media on behalf of Gagosian Gallery, Inc.
Introducing iOS8 compatibility, performance increases, and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Superb quality images and interface, a joy to look at and use. Can't believe it's free. An excellent virtual survey of the contemporary scene's most important artists.
Very creative use of the medium, and a lot of fun to browse through. I don't know if it's the recent upgrade, but I did get it to load properly and downloaded issue 3. It dazzled me, and I am not a follower of the art scene.
Try clicking in and out, or just leaving it to download for a while. YOu won't be sorry.
Couldn't download any issue. Waited over 6 hours to download one issue, and when I opened it, I was prompted to download an "updated" version of the issue that just downloaded minutes before. Was not even given the option to view the "outdated" issue.
- Gagosian Gallery Inc.
- 34.6 MB
- Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2011 Gagosian Gallery, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.