Gaia GPS: Hiking, Hunting Maps
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Plan trips and stay safer in the woods, with Gaia GPS.
Join hundreds of thousands of backpackers, hunters, offroaders, mountain bikers, backcountry skiers, firefighters, guides, and other serious outdoor adventurers and professionals that use Gaia GPS for work and play. Hike, hunt, and offroad with the best topo maps and outdoor navigation tools.
►► Special Updates for the 2017 Hunting Season (for Premium Members)
Whether you're on the hunt for deer, waterfowl, or predators, Gaia GPS is the hunting app for you, with comprehensive hunting maps to make your hunt successful and legal.
This season, we've transformed Gaia GPS into the best hunting GPS, expanding the map catalog to cover the needs of hunters across the US. Gaia GPS now includes nationwide private land ownership, public land, game management units (GMUs), timber, and fires, giving you great hunt maps to overlay on the world's best topo and satellite maps. Scout out the best areas, navigate and track out in the field, and share your tracks with other hunters.
This hunting season's work is based on experience Gaia GPS users and staff have had out in the field. Give us a shout at email@example.com to tell us how to make Gaia GPS the best hunt app.
►► The Best App for Topo Maps
Gaia GPS has been showcased in Apple's "Your Verse" stories, and covered in countless major publications, from Outside and TrailRunner, to the New York Times and FOX News TappedIn.
The name Gaia (guy-yuh) comes from Greek mythology - she is the Goddess of the Earth, or Mother Nature.
• view easy-to-read, modern maps, with fast and beautiful rendering
• explore historic and classic print maps (USGS, USFS, NRCan, IGN)
• download worldwide topo, road, and satellite maps
• search for hiking trails, parks, natural places, and addresses, and tap features on Gaia Topo to get more info
►► Sync and Back-up
• sync your tracks, photos, maps, and waypoints to all of your devices
• keep your data backed up, effortlessly
• share trip plans, and collaborate on shared folders
►► Map Tools
• record tracks, waypoints, and take geo-tagged photos
• import and export GPX and KML files
• customize coordinates types (Decimal, Degrees/Minutes/Seconds, Degrees - Decimal Minutes, UTM, and MGRS)
►► Membership Levels
Free Level - You can use Gaia GPS for free. You'll be limited to the default map source, and you won't be able to download maps for offline use. You can also trial Member features.
Member Level - As a Member, you can download a worldwide catalog of topo, road, and satellite maps.
Premium Member Level - As a Premium Member, you also get access to these map sources:
• NatGeo Trails Illustrated
• ESRI World Satellite Imagery
• Private Land Ownership (owners and addresses for parcels)
• Hunting Layers, including GMUs, public land, and fires
• NeoTreks US Topo
• France IGN
• Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM)
• Hill-shading, contour lines, slope angle, and other overlays
► To manage your subscription:
• TURN OFF auto-renewal via the main Settings app: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
►► GPS WARNING - Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.5.1
If you love Gaia GPS, help spread the word by leaving a review. Your review will also show fresh, when you rate a new update.
After our big public tracks release in 1.5, we went back to polishing the floors, retro-fitting the foundation against earthquakes, and shining all surfaces.
* iPhone X - a bit more work here to make download/waypoint/route-maker views look better
* allow zooming in more on photos in the new slideshow view from 1.5
* make the app start up lickety split, even if you have a ton of data in Saved
* fixed an issue in non-English languages where labels for stats got funky
* make sure a Folder syncs when you go to its sharing page, so you don't have to wait for other stuff to sync before sharing
* indent section headers on table views, which lost too much padding in 1.5
* slight improvement to layout of the waypoint marking view, as a side effect of iPhone X work
* fixed issue where the checkmark wouldn't move if you marked a folder public
* fixed possible issue syncing photos in low internet situation
* include a link when sharing a Folder to Slack
* fixed issue with naming waypoints while making a route
* prevent converting a track to an area, if it only has 1 or 2 points, because this breaks things and doesn't make sense either
* fixed iPad crash when sharing tracks
* fixed a handful of rare crashes
Better trail marking
Good day sports fans,
I know thing’s in life is perfect, trust me, my wife let’s me know.
Have a couple ideas. Get ride of the dash lines for trial. Use solid bolder colors. Very hard to fallow. Have the wording expand/enlarge with the map, again very hard to read at times.
When static I will watch myself wonder around like a drunk snail.
Make it so You can touch the screen at two points and learn the distance between the points, see elevation changes also.
Enough of that. Thx’s.
I love the fact you can import picture’s the location. When memorizing the trail and features, I use the picture’s.
Best thing’s in life are not things, get out.
I am a log truck driver and this app has been the best yet. If you know say the forest service road you need to be on just enter it and this app will take you there. It gives you all the info you will ever need. Drive time, stopped time, elevation etc. this is a must have app if you are doing anything outdoors.
Aimed At The Pro
According to the reviews and the ad text it can do all this wonderful stuff. I had the older version and eventually figured out some of the basics. The folks who write the instructions are so familiar with the stuff they leave off the basics.
I believe they have a superior product but... I mean how do I know what layers to choose? How is a layer different than an overlay? Heck, where do I even find the online map?
I’d be happy to give more stars but it’s going to need to be less opaque.
FOLLOW UP: Support contacted me promptly and I added a star for that. Too busy to follow up
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 18, 2017
- Version: 1.5.1
- Size: 147 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Trailbehind, INC.
- © 2009-2017 Trailbehind, inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Gaia GPS Member$9.99
- Gaia GPS Premium$29.99