Gaia GPS: Topo Maps for Hiking, Camping, and Hunting, with USGS and Compass
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured in Apple's "Your Verse" stories
"Gaia GPS can get you where you want to go, no matter where you are."
FOXNews, TappedIn - http://bit.ly/iCqKVp
"Best Smartphone App"
Trailrunner - http://bit.ly/1fjsQ94
►► About Gaia (guy-yuh)
Plan trips and explore the wild with Gaia GPS, on your phone, tablet, and computer.
Since 2009, we've been constantly updating Gaia GPS to help people explore remote places, and stay safer in the woods. Top adventure guides recommend Gaia GPS for exploration all over the world.
Today, many great people contribute to the support and development of Gaia GPS. You can always get in touch with the whole team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gaia comes from Greek mythology - she is the Goddess of the Earth, or Mother Nature.
• view maps online at www.gaiagps.com/map
• download worldwide topo, road, and aerial maps
• use Gaia's unique, streaming, vector, worldwide topo map
• includes the best government topo maps for the US and Canada (USGS, USFS, NRCan)
• unlimited downloads for offline use - no extra charges
►► Sync, Back-up, and Website
• use Gaia everywhere - iPhone, iPad, iPod, and online at www.gaiagps.com
• sync your tracks, photos, maps, and waypoints to all of your devices
• share links to tracks and photos, via email, Facebook, Twitter, SMS, and more
• keep your data backed up, effortlessly
►► Map Tools
• record tracks, waypoints, and take geo-tagged photos
• display NEXRAD radar, track data, and Gaia POI data with webpages from our search engine
• import and export GPX/KML files, by iTunes, Safari, DropBox, and email
• customize all aspects of Gaia, including units, coordinates types, color and sound, and more
Subscribe to GaiaPro to get extra features, maps, and support. The cost is $3.99/month or $39.99/year.
* use www.gaiagps.com to print maps and plan routes
* download multi-layered maps - mix and set opacity for many layers at once
* use MapBox cloudless aerial and street maps, the best and most up-to-date OpenStreetMap available
* view weather forecasts from Wunderground
* set custom icons for waypoints you create
* sync max-resolution photos to GaiaCloud
* dedicated email and phone support from within Gaia GPS Settings
To manage your subscription:
• TURN OFF auto-renewal via the main Settings app: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
►► IMPORTANT - IPOD TOUCH AND WIFI ONLY IPADS - This application will not be fully functional on these devices, unless you have an external GPS attachment. The GPS Recorder and compass will be inactive. You will be able to view maps and waypoints, but you cannot record tracks.
►► GPS WARNING - Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 10.2
If you have a moment to leave us a review on iTunes, we really appreciate your support! Or send some feedback to email@example.com
* new website feature - plot a precise trail with elevation profile: http://blog.gaiagps.com/plot-a-precise-trail-with-the-gaia-gps-trail-finder/
* added feature to export a zip file, including photos, for tracks and other data
* fixed a bug for Pro users when naming a new Layered map download.
* fixed a bug that could cause Sharing to fail from the Track Details screen.
* fixed a bug that would delete All Tracks instead of All Routes.
Offline maps are perfect for the iPod Touch or places without a connection
I first started using Gaia GPS with my iPod Touch, where the offline maps feature is great. You have access to the beautiful-looking topo and street maps. Accessing them is simple and you can save quite a large section that can be zoomed-in for complete details without a WiFi connection. And you get Canadian topos too (yeah!)
And with my iPhone 6, it is even more useful, even when i am in the mountains far away from any connection. The developers are super-responsive and are constantly improving the app; truly an app made by real outdoors people for others like them.
Buy it now; you won't be disappointed.
Great GPS app for hiking, cycling, walking, etc.
I have been using this app every day for a few years to track walks, jogging, skiing and hiking. Couldn’t do without it. I appreciate the developers excellent support, just keeps getting better!
Easily worth the price just for the downloadable maps!
Best mapping and gps app
I've tried a number of mapping and gps apps. So far, this is the one I like best. There is a nice selection of maps that you can download. You can easily record tracks, and then organize them and see them on a map.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 22, 2015
- Version: 10.2
- Size: 33.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Trailbehind, INC.
- © 2009-15 TrailBehind Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases