Gaia GPS: Topo Maps and Trails for Offline Hiking and Camping
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Plan trips and explore the wild with Gaia GPS, on your phone, tablet, and computer.
Widely considered the best outdoor mapping app, Gaia GPS has been showcased in Apple's "Your Verse" stories, and covered in countless major publications, from Outside and TrailRunner, to the New York Times and FOX News TappedIn.
Top adventure guides use Gaia GPS all over the world.
Since 2009, we've been constantly updating Gaia GPS to help people explore remote places, and stay safer in the woods. Today, many great people contribute to the support and development of Gaia GPS. You can always get in touch with the whole team at email@example.com.
Gaia (guy-yuh) comes from Greek mythology - she is the Goddess of the Earth, or Mother Nature.
• view maps online at www.gaiagps.com/map
• download worldwide topo, road, and aerial maps
• use Gaia's unique, streaming, vector, worldwide topo map
• includes the best government topo maps for the US and Canada (USGS, USFS, NRCan)
• unlimited downloads for offline use - no extra charges
►► Sync, Back-up, and Website
• use Gaia everywhere - iPhone, iPad, iPod, and online at www.gaiagps.com
• sync your tracks, photos, maps, and waypoints to all of your devices
• share links to tracks and photos, via email, Facebook, Twitter, SMS, and more
• keep your data backed up, effortlessly
►► Map Tools
• record tracks, waypoints, and take geo-tagged photos
• display NEXRAD radar, track data, and Gaia POI data with webpages from our search engine
• import and export GPX/KML files, by iTunes, Safari, DropBox, and email
• customize all aspects of Gaia, including units, coordinates types, color and sound, and more
Subscribe to GaiaPro to get extra features, maps, and support. The cost is $5.99/month or $39.99/year.
• use www.gaiagps.com to print maps and plan routes
• download multi-layered maps - mix and set opacity for many layers at once
• use MapBox cloudless aerial and street maps, the best and most up-to-date OpenStreetMap available
• view weather forecasts from Wunderground
• set custom icons for waypoints you create
• sync max-resolution photos to GaiaCloud
To manage your subscription:
• TURN OFF auto-renewal via the main Settings app: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
►► IMPORTANT - IPOD TOUCH AND WIFI ONLY IPADS - This application will not be fully functional on these devices, unless you have an external GPS attachment. The GPS Recorder and compass will be inactive. You will be able to view maps and waypoints, but you cannot record tracks.
►► GPS WARNING - Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 10.5
If you love Gaia GPS, help spread the word by leaving a review. Your review will also show fresh, when you rate a new update.
If you notice a problem with Gaia GPS, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We don't have a way to correspond, if you leave a review about an issue.
• enables HD maps - NOTE: this change won’t be available until about 1 week after this update going live, because we need to wait for the majority of people to update - see blog.gaiagps.com for more info
• HD map info - when this goes live in about a week, you’ll be able to add HD versions OpenHikingMap, OpenCycleMap, and some other map sources (these maps display much better, with bigger text, on retina screens)
• if you sync a shared Map from gaiagps.com now, it will add the map source if you don’t have it yet (before you had to manually add the source)
GaiaGPS just gets better and better!
Version 10.5 is incredible, and I recommend GaiaGPS without reservation. The record track, pause track, finish track, resume track are now intuitive and user friendly. The ability to choose mapping layers, record, and email tracks to friends including trip data (distance, speed, elevation gain and loss) plus gpx & .kml files, and a whole host of other features now make this an incredibly powerful and useful mapping app. In addition, it is being actively supported and updated very very frequently. One can display a previous trip on the map and follow it in real time. Or one can import a friend's .kml file and display it and follow it in the same way in real time. Saved tracks can now be placed in folders and synced to your gaiaGPS cloud account. Too many other useful features to list. This is the mapping app I recommend to backpackers, equestrians, mountain bikers, and hikers without any reservation whatsoever. It is a steal at $20. (I actually pay the additional extra $40 per year for Pro level, but be honest I am doing that more as a show of support for the wonderful job they are doing than the few additional features I get as a result. Truth is you'll 99% of the features, which includes all the important ones, when you purchase the $20 app.)
Best in Class
This is without a doubt the very best hiking app ever created in the history of the planet. Believe me, I've bought every one, and tried every one extensively. I know this sounds like I am a developer pushing this app, but no, I am an actual end-user and I can't say enough great things about this app once you really learn to know it. Plus developer support is top notch as well. This app has turned my iPhone 6S into an extremely useful tool. I would venture to say that as long as you have battery power it is darn near impossible to get lost with this app. It cost $20, it might seem a little pricey compared to some, but seeing as I use this thing every single day, I should probably send the developers beer money.
Best app, best developers
There are other apps on my phone I use more frequently than Gaia, but there is not one that I hold in higher esteem. It does everything I ask of it (and more), and every release only enhances my appreciation for it. While it doesn't yet do every trivial task I might desire, it does everything I truly need. And every time I've had a problem or question, the developers have taken the time to address the matter (whether to resolve the issue or to explain why it cannot presently be resolved). The app and its developers are golden. I look forward to using Gaia (and Gaia Green) for years to come.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Apr 28, 2016
- Version: 10.5
- Size: 35.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Trailbehind, INC.
- © 2009-2016 Trailbehind, inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases