Gaia GPS - Topo Maps, Trails, and Tracker for Hiking, Biking, Camping, and Hunting Offline
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured in Apple's latest "Your Verse" story
"Best Smartphone App 2014"
Trailrunner - http://bit.ly/1fjsQ94
"Gaia GPS can get you where you want to go, no matter where you are."
FOXNews, TappedIn - http://bit.ly/iCqKVp
"6 essential iPhone apps for your hike"
USA Today - http://usat.ly/1i2wlBQ
►► About Gaia (guy-yuh)
Painstakingly crafted since 2009, Gaia GPS offers the full functionality of a handheld, backcountry GPS unit, with the best outdoor maps on the App Store.
Today, six hikers contribute to the support and development of Gaia GPS. You can always get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gaia comes from Greek mythology - she is the Goddess of the Earth, or Mother Nature.
• preview all maps online at www.gaiagps.com/maps
• download worldwide topo, road, and aerial maps
• includes the best government topo maps for the US and Canada (USGS, USFS, NRCan)
• unlimited downloads for offline use - no extra charges
• use Gaia everywhere - iPhone, iPad, iPod, and online at cloud.gaiagps.com
• sync your tracks, photos, maps, and waypoints to all of your devices
• share links to tracks and photos, via email, Facebook, Twitter, SMS, and more
• keep your data backed up, effortlessly
►► Map Tools
• record tracks, waypoints, and take geo-tagged photos
• display NEXRAD radar, track data, and Gaia POI data with webpages from our search engine
• import and export GPX/KML files, by iTunes, Safari, DropBox, and email
• customize all aspects of Gaia, including units, coordinates types, color and sound, and more
Subscribe to GaiaPro to get premium maps, features, and support. Subscribe monthly, yearly, or write to us at email@example.com if you aren't sure.
* use cloud.gaiagps.com to print maps and plan routes
* download multi-layered maps - mix and set opacity for many layers at once
* use MapBox cloudless aerial and street maps, the best and most up-to-date OpenStreetMap available
* view weather forecasts from Wunderground
* set custom icons for waypoints you create
* sync high-resolution photos to GaiaCloud
* dedicated email and phone support from within Gaia GPS Settings
To manage your subscription:
• TURN OFF auto-renewal via the main Settings app: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
►► IMPORTANT - IPOD TOUCH AND WIFI ONLY IPADS - This application will not be fully functional on these devices, unless you have an external GPS attachment. The GPS Recorder and compass will be inactive. You will be able to view maps and waypoints, but you cannot record tracks.
►► GPS WARNING - Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 8.2
This is a small update with localization updates and a few bug fixes. If you have a chance to leave us a review on iTunes, it only takes a moment, and helps a lot!
* updated localizations for a few words in German, French, Spanish, Japanese, and Italian
* updated UserVoice framework (for Feedback/Ideas/Contact in Settings)
* fixed centering of first launch popover on iPad
* fixed layout of Pro purchase buttons on iPad
Useful, convenient, pleasant to use. Great!
This continues to be my go-to app for hiking, biking, and also recording car trip tracks. Map selection is very nice, and the convenience of access to the USGS maps is a pleasure. Downloading street maps or topo maps for off-line use is nicely handled, and downloads are rather quick (unlike some other competing apps). Useful interface improvements come along with new releases, and the developer has responded quickly when some minor problems showed up in the past. Highly recommended.
Excellent powerful gps package
I love the choice of 6 different mapping services. Great for finding maps on obscure hiking trails. the customizable display is killer too. Nice speed and altitude charts plus moving average speed!
The best part is the developer Andrew takes a lot of pride and passion in his app, and he regularly improves upon it. I tip my hat to Trailbehind Inc for their dedication to putting out a quality product.
Like the Emperor said: "Now witness the power of my fully operating battle station"
The updates just keep making it better and better.
Have had this app for a two years now. Totally functional backcountry gps. It's really a labor of love for the developers, they push out new, substantive updates all the time and respond to user feedback and feature requests very quickly. Has caltopo maps that no one else does. And super UI. Thanks!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Mar 24, 2014
- Version: 8.2
- Size: 20.0 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Trailbehind, INC.
- © 2010 TrailBehind Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases