Gaia GPS: Topo Maps and Trails for Offline Hiking
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Plan trips and explore the wild with Gaia GPS, on your phone, tablet, and computer.
Widely considered the best outdoor mapping app, Gaia GPS has been showcased in Apple's "Your Verse" stories, and covered in countless major publications, from Outside and TrailRunner, to the New York Times and FOX News TappedIn.
Top adventure guides use Gaia GPS all over the world.
Since 2009, we've been constantly updating Gaia GPS to help people explore remote places, and stay safer in the woods. Today, many great people contribute to the support and development of Gaia GPS. You can always get in touch with the whole team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gaia (guy-yuh) comes from Greek mythology - she is the Goddess of the Earth, or Mother Nature.
• view maps online at www.gaiagps.com/map
• download worldwide topo, road, and aerial maps
• use Gaia's unique, streaming, vector, worldwide topo map
• includes the best government topo maps for the US and Canada (USGS, USFS, NRCan)
• unlimited downloads for offline use - no extra charges
►► Sync, Back-up, and Website
• use Gaia everywhere - iPhone, iPad, iPod, and online at www.gaiagps.com
• sync your tracks, photos, maps, and waypoints to all of your devices
• share links to tracks and photos, via email, Facebook, Twitter, SMS, and more
• keep your data backed up, effortlessly
►► Map Tools
• record tracks, waypoints, and take geo-tagged photos
• display NEXRAD radar, track data, and Gaia POI data with webpages from our search engine
• import and export GPX/KML files, by iTunes, Safari, DropBox, and email
• customize all aspects of Gaia, including units, coordinates types, color and sound, and more
Subscribe to GaiaPro to get extra features, maps, and support. The cost is $5.99/month or $39.99/year.
• use www.gaiagps.com to print maps and plan routes
• download multi-layered maps - mix and set opacity for many layers at once
• use MapBox cloudless aerial and street maps, the best and most up-to-date OpenStreetMap available
• view weather forecasts from Wunderground
• set custom icons for waypoints you create
• sync max-resolution photos to GaiaCloud
To manage your subscription:
• TURN OFF auto-renewal via the main Settings app: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
►► IMPORTANT - IPOD TOUCH AND WIFI ONLY IPADS - This application will not be fully functional on these devices, unless you have an external GPS attachment. The GPS Recorder and compass will be inactive. You will be able to view maps and waypoints, but you cannot record tracks.
►► GPS WARNING - Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 10.9.10
If you love Gaia GPS, help spread the word by leaving a review. Your review will also show fresh, when you rate a new update.
If you notice a problem with Gaia GPS, contact email@example.com. We don't have a way to reply if you leave a review about an issue.
• fixed issue where extra disk space would get used over time and not get cleared when clearing cache
• fixed issue where the current track could not show on the map (failed to fix previously)
• fixed issue where map downloads would not begin when selecting layers to download for a new route
• fixed issue where there wouldn't be a back button when force touch opening waypoints/pois from the main map
• fixed issue where distance reported when editing a route would be incorrect
Very good topo navigation app
I've been using my iPhone to navigate in the woods for years. Over time I've used a dozen apps. So far this is the best. It's feature rich and the developers are continuously improving on the app's already solid foundation. I like that I can easily plan a trip on my iPad and the track automatically syncs to my iPhone. Tracks are easily recorded, imported from other sources and easily followed. I like the option of multiple free map sources so that you can choose the best one for the area you're going to. I also like that the trip statistics are updated in real time so you know how far you've gone and the pace you're keeping. I would give it five stars but the search feature, to find a place by name, is completely useless. It doesn't give a list of search results but rather relocates the map center to the one place name it's found and that place is usually somewhere on the east coast, when where I'm searching is the west coast.
Most Favored App
Definitely one of the best apps. I use it hiking, snowmobiling and while traveling away from city streets. I've really enjoyed using the tracks to mark my trail, and have these trails displayed on the map helps me navigate in the same area during the next excursion. I really appreciate that the developers stay on top of updates and are constantly improving the performance. I take an extra battery and cord with me snowmobiling- and no longer carry another GPS device - just my iPhone.
Great GPS app for hiking, cycling, walking, etc.
I have been using this app every day for years to track walks, jogging, skiing and hiking. Couldn’t do without it. I appreciate the developers excellent support, just keeps getting better!
Easily worth the price just for the downloadable maps!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jan 13, 2017
- Version: 10.9.10
- Size: 53.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Trailbehind, INC.
- © 2009-2017 Trailbehind, inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases