GAIN Self-Guided Workout Apps - custom training programs for strength, cardio & functional fitness.
By GAIN Fitness
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With more than 1 million downloads, and featured in the NYTimes, Huffington Post, Thrillist, PCMag and App Store, GAIN Fitness is the premier app-maker for digital personal training.
NEW - this app now integrates with HealthKit, allowing you to automatically send, with permission, your workouts and active calories to other apps and devices that read from HealthKit.
GAIN's Self-Guided Workout apps take world-class trainers from different fitness modalities (bodybuilding, yoga, Pilates, interval training, circus arts, CrossFit(TM), etc.), and places them conveniently in your pocket.
This full-featured app builds personalized workout programs from over 1,300+ exercises. Workouts are algorithmically tailored to your fitness level, goal, equipment and schedule (in real-time). Features include:
• WORKOUT MODE - Our award-winning, multimedia experience coaches you through each exercise, rep and rest with HD motion images, voice commands and form cues spoken by real trainers. Works seamlessly with your music player of choice.
• WORKOUT REMIX - Modify sets, reps, rests and exercises down to the finest detail.
• WORKOUT SHARE - Text, Tweet, or email customized workouts to friends, workout buddies or training clients.
• PROGRESS TRACKING - Track every set, rep, weight and rest time. It’s so simple, you may not even notice it.
• GAIN PLAN - Pick your workout days and our innovative calendar tool will build a balanced program and keep you on track. We'll even send you text reminders when it’s workout time and track your Workout Streak to keep you motivated and accountable.
• WORKOUT HISTORY - View historical workout logs, including day/time you worked out and detailed set and rep data. Ditch the data entry and always know where you stand.
• PREMIUM PACKS - Grab upgrades for $5 - $10 and get endless workout variety and elite training advice. Our trainers will push you through workouts and coach you on proper form. It’s the only place you’ll have access to top fitness experts for such a small price.
What, you read this far? We figured you downloaded GAIN and broke a sweat by now. It’s time to get off your rump and transform your lifestyle with GAIN Fitness.
What's New in Version 7.4
This exciting update is long overdue. Version 8.4 is a big one that includes HealthKit integration, iOS8 support and a myriad of bug fixes, performance improvements and some visual updates!
Here's the skinny:
• iOS 8 support
• HealthKit integration! At the end of your workout, touch the 'Connect' button in the top left. We'll sync your active calories and workouts to HealthKit so you can view your data across a variety of other compatible apps and devices.
• Updated branding - the new GAIN logo is officially here.
• Upgraded Facebook authentication and upgraded to 2.0.
• Fixed a seemingly infinite syncing issue.
• Several other bug fixes and performance enhancements.
I've been using this app for a while now and I enjoy it every time I do. There are a lot of great packs that you can purchase. I'm thrilled that they recently put out a long overdue update! Unfortunately with this update Method Yoga packs, no longer appear. This is simply because Method Yoga didn't renew their agreement. That is no fault of the Gain team. I was informed that you will still be able to use all of the packs that you purchased from Method. In the next couple weeks, an update will probably straighten up some of the lasting bugs.
Rockin it with this app
I love this app. I found it a few years ago and never really used it. Recently I started using it again and WOW!!
Like with any app there are bugs and kinks, but the customer service and response has been phenomenal.
My budget doesn't really support a personal trainer, even purchasing a couple of the in app packs it's still less than one session with a trainer. I love that I can add on packs as I need. The exercises are easy to follow and there are guides with each exercise. You can choose beginner, novice and expert levels.
I love the mix of machines and body weights and dumbbells and free weights. I love that I can create home workouts as well as gym workouts.
If you take the time to go through the app and discover the features this can your fitness to new levels. Highly recommend for beginners and novice and beyond. This app really give me confidence in the gym!
Going downhill recently
I have been using this app for a few years but now I’m looking for alternatives. It’s been deteriorating recently and I wonder if the developers are abandoning it. I have sent a few emails to the them and haven’t received a replies to my last 3 or 4 mails. Before I would get a reply quite quickly. It has become slow and often crashes when creating new plans. It doesn’t log your workouts so it there is no way of following your progress. There is the possibility of linking to Runkeeper but that suddenly stopped working in February.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 10, 2015
- Version: 7.4
- Size: 72.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: GAIN Fitness
- © Gain Fitness, Inc. 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Butt, Hips, and Thighs$2.99
- Shockwave Protocol$9.99
- Advanced Core$2.99
- Advanced Abs$2.99
- Advanced Chest$2.99
- Exercise Bands$2.99
- Strength Trainer 18 Pack Bundle$29.99
- Interval Training Trainer$6.99
- The Road Warrior Trainer$6.99