Galaxy Invader 1000
By Rob Wilmot
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
First there was the original Galaxy Invader (Galaxy Invader 1978). Now this sequel, also known as Cosmic Fire Away, blasts you back to the 1980's again when games were simple but very addictive. An accurate recreation of the VFD LSI game by CGL, Gakken, Tandy and other companies of that time. Fun for all ages with three difficulty levels. All those retro sounds and that vacuum fluorescent display are here. This was a classic and very popular toy back then. Now it is a rare and collectable item but YOU can own it right now! These types of machines were made by companies such as Grandstand, Tomy, Entex, CGL, Tandy, Bandai and Epoch to name but a few.
*Screenshots show actual app in action and original artwork based on the original packaging. See how close to the real thing it is!
• Accurate simulation of the classic handheld machine
• Full retro sounds
• 3 difficulty levels
• Simple and addictive
• Totally nostalgic
• iCade support
HOW TO PLAY
1. Set speed control to desired level. Slide power on/off switch to "on"
2. Move the Missile Launch lever side by side to aim at Invader or UFO and press Mssile Launch button.
3. Game ends when you obtain 1,000 points or when all 3 Missile Launchers are destroyed or when Invader captures G-zone or when you have shot all of your 250 Missiles.
* When you obtain 700 points, one Missile Launcher and 50 Missiles are given as a bonus.
4. To start a new game simply switch slide to "off" and then to "on" again.
5. If using with iCade or compatible controller, press the iCade button on top left and you can now use joystick and red fire(5) button.
NOTE: pressing this without connection to a compatible Bluetooth controller will bring up the keyboard. If this happens just press the button again to turn it off.
The original version is also available by us called "Galaxy Invader 1978"
What's New in Version 1.2
Fixed iCade slow-down
Fixed redundant app links on IOS7
Fixed rate app link on IOS7
Just like I remember! Works very well. Like the controls, mostly with 8-bitty.
I had this game as a kid .
Plays just the same! Great work!
I have the actual game (Tandy Fire Away). This is one of my favorite games from my childhood. This is just about as dead on as you can get. Great game.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 14, 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 10.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rob Wilmot
- © Beats N Bobs (Rob Wilmot)
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.