Galaxy on Fire™ - Alliances
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
[ The first multiplayer game set in the iconic Galaxy on Fire universe! Forge strong alliances with confederates from all over the world & collaborate or compete with thousands of other players in real-time! ]
# # # THE MOBILE STRATEGY MMO # # #
Galaxy on Fire - Alliances puts you in the role of an up-and-coming Commander of the Terrans, Nivelians or Vossk. Determined to claim and conquer a hitherto uncharted part of the galaxy known as the Shroud Nebula, you will set out to seek fame and fortune beyond the final frontier. Starting your operations from within your private home system, you will soon breach into a vivid galaxy with over 400,000 individual planets and challenge thousands of players in an epic quest for space dominion.
# # # BAND TOGETHER AND RISE AS ONE # # #
To stand your ground in the hostile yet promising new environment, you will have to forge a strong alliance and assist one another in colonization, expansion and warfare. Trade resources, exchange intelligence reports and conceive conjoined attack strategies and defense plans. Show your enemies the power of allegiance and prevail in epic space battles with dozens of participants!
# # # A UNIQUE GAMING EXPERIENCE # # #
• The first Multiplayer Game set in the GOF universe
• Easy-to-access Alliance and PvP gameplay
• Specifically designed for Mobile Use on Touch Devices
• High-end 3D Graphics and spectacular visual effects
• A whole Universe in Pocket Size
# # # TRUST THE MEDIA # # #
With high-end 3D graphics and captivating co-op gameplay, Galaxy on Fire - Alliances sets new standards for sci-fi strategy MMOs on smartphones and tablets. And the press loves it, claiming that it marks “a potentially rich source of war stories” (Modojo) that “will very clearly be raising the bar for these types of games” (iMore).
# # # LINKS AND RESSOURCES # # #
Here’s a number of essential sources and places-to-go for avid GOFA players. Check them out and get in touch with the Fishlabs staff as well as thousands of other Commanders!
# # # SETTINGS & REQUIREMENTS # # #
Galaxy on Fire - Alliances works on iPhone 4S (or higher), iPad 2 (or higher), iPad mini and iPod touch 5G. To run properly, it requires an active network connection as well as iOS6 (or higher). While the game itself is completely free-to-play, you can also make use of various in-app purchases. If you do not want to leverage these extra offers, please deactivate in-app purchases in your device’s setting.
What's New in Version 1.1.0
[ Update v1.1.0 "Space Travelers" ]
# # # IMPROVEMENTS & NEW FEATURES # # #
• Star map: Trace the positions and travel routes of your carriers directly on the star map
• Achievements: Take on various new challenges and collect additional XP
• Techs: Research new technologies to gain powerful advantages (Ground battle, Bomb defense and Ship production)
• Ground battles: Leverage one of the new techs to gain an additional ground battle bonus. In exchange, the planetary defense will no longer support you ground troops anymore but only boost your ships
• Structure levels: Upgrade your buildings to level 20 (incl. adjusted costs, resource capacities, requirements and effect parameters for structures, techs and units)
• Alliance administration: Find available alliances more easily (at the beginning of the game) an join them without the hurdle of a double confirmation
• Travel Times: Make use of the adjusted travel times in your home system to reach your “inner” planets much faster than before
• Tutorial: Learn the game’s basics quicker by means of an improved tutorial
• Intro: Check out the intro sequence with German subtitles
• Planet icon: Tap the planet icon to be directed to the planet action menu and the arrow on the right to get straight to the planet view screen
• Options: Switch the game options back to default whenever you’re in need of a reset
• Performance: Enjoy the game with improved server stability and better overall performance
## # BUG FIXES # # #
• “Shipyard” bug fixed: In the shipyard, some players have received a random error message that prevented them from building a carrier unless they closed the app and restarted the client. This bug no longer occurs in the current version
• “Wrong alliance” bug fixed: In the past, some alliance members have been directed to a wrong alliance when they tapped the “My Alliance” button. This bug has now been fixed
• “Planetary defense” bug fixed: The info screen of the planetary shield no longer contains random values
• “Camera position” bug fixed: When a player proceeds from the carrier screen to the star map, the camera position is now adjusted correctly
• “Alliance screen” bug fixed: When a player leaves an alliance, the respective notification symbol is no longer stuck to the alliance screen and top menu
• “Travel times” bug fixed: The travel times are now calculated and displayed correctly
• Various crashes and performance issues fixed
# # # BALANCING # # #
• Maximum ship defense bonus from planetary shield reduced from 400% to 250%
# # # PERFORMANCE # # #
• Various performance improvements during multiplayer battles
• General performance improvements
Should u get this game?
I've been playing ... A long time. My commander is lvl 170 I think. I even dropped $5 on the game I liked it so much. However, they recently sent out a rebalancing patch that just made it unplayable with any real strategic value. For example I sent a fleet of (14) carriers full up. Against one planet that I had lost over night when he attacked me with a couple carriers. So I launched a retaliatory attack to reclaim my lost planet with the full force of two months of untapped resources against a small , very small force. And I lost. I didn't just lose I lost huge..he had 300 fighters against my 14 carriers 750 fighters 375 bombers 275 interceptors. And he lost 75 fighters and I lost my fleet. It's not a research thing I was nearly maxed out. So if u wanna waste your time like I have for no reason it turns out in the end then get this game.
The rebalance , ...it's not a fair issue..It's a playable issue. What's the end point? It should not. be that hard to retake my own planet I had just lost moments ago with my whole entire fleet again a small reserve force left behind and still lose. After something like that happens to you , u ask yourself what's the point?
I've been playing for some months now but had waiting for an EVE-esque game for a while and this is probably the closest the iPhone world will ever come. Everything is time based and time spent is greatly rewarded. The latest update is awesome as it added a lot of depth in a very simple way. New players have a lot to look forward to and a much more versatile world to explore. I'd suggest sticking with a smaller alliance though due to events and actual player relationships. The game is awesome and not very demanding. A lot can be accomplished with a daily login. As I said, the game is excellent and deserves attention if you enjoy the Galaxy On Fire world and desire a real Sci-Fi experience with depth and opportunity for development.
They even asked at the right time!
I'm a big fan of the entire GOF series, but this game is quickly becoming my favorite. The IAP are reasonable both in price and scope, which alone would be worth 5 stars for me. But the production values are also super high, the graphics and atmosphere engrossing, and they even asked to rate the game /after/ I had first opened it. The last point seems minor, but comparing it to most other similar apps, the player will usually get bombarded by messages either for IAP that primary ruins the game, or ratings when you don't even understand how to play yet.
Overall, super enjoyable experience beginning to end.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 18, 2014
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 297 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: FISHLABS
- © 2013 Fishlabs Entertainment GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Credit Pack XL$19.99
- Credit Pack M$4.99
- Credit Pack L$9.99
- XP Doubler$1.99
- Credit Pack S$1.99
- Shiny Bundle$4.99
- Credit Pack XXL$49.99
- Credit Pack XXXL$99.99
- Blitz Bundle$17.99
- Supporter Bundle$17.99