Galileo Offline Maps - OSM based project for hikers & bikers traveling the wilderness
By Evgen Bodunov
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Go offline anywhere you want — offline vector maps and offline search for your better travel experience. Record your GPS tracks, bookmark your favorite locations and sync them between your devices.
!! (Paid) features may be unlocked through in-app purchase. !!
• Totally free – there is no limit on the number of countries/regions you can download.
• Detailed and informative – because they based on OpenStreetMap.org data.
• Up-to-date and accurate – we update them monthly.
• Take up less space than others and work really fast – app uses GPUs in addition to CPUs to render vector maps.
• Changeable size of labels – large labels on maps is extremely useful while driving.
• Multiple languages support – map labels will be changed to the selected language immediately.
• Incredible fast – results appear instantly as you type.
• It works in variety of ways – by object name, category or even by GPS coordinates.
• It finds objects in multiple languages – this will make your searching much easier than ever.
• No internet connection required.
Geo data syncing:
• iCloud and Dropbox sync supported.
• Any number of devices could sync simultaneously.
GPS Tracks Recording: (Paid)
• Record your trips and export them as KML/GPX files.
• Monitor your real-time speed, distance and time traveled, as well as altitude right on the map during the trip.
• Beautiful gradients to visualise altitude and speed changes.
Bookmarks on the Map: (Paid)
• Mark your favorite places on your maps and set points of interest for your next trip.
• Choose from lots of icons to assign to bookmarks.
• Store your bookmarks and GPS tracks in separate collections for a quick access.
Sharing Your Geodata:
• Share your itineraries from the app via Mail, Facebook and Twitter
• Export them in the most common formats: KML & GPX.
Backing Up Your Data:
• Back up your collections to have the copy of data that may be lost or deleted by mistake.
• Restore data to your device from the backup you created earlier in one tap.
• Transfer backuped data to another iOS device or app
Offline Maps Import: (Paid)
• Import previously created custom offline maps in .sqlitedb or .mbtiles format (use Mobile Atlas Creator, TileMill or SAS.Planet to generate offline maps).
And even more:
• Custom map sources support (including multi-layer sources)
• Different coordinate formats (including MGRS)
• Importing KML/GPX files into the app
• GPS filtering (accuracy and distance threshold)
• Bearing line to bookmark
• One finger zooming
• Online search
• Measuring distance between two points on the map
• Works on slow iOS5 devices iPad 1 and iPhone 3GS
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.3.4
! Sync your geo data between devices via iCloud or Dropbox.
• Drag and drop items between collections in list.
• Update your map to get drinking water places on the map and search for restrooms without an Internet.
Please take 2 minutes to rate the new version on the App Store!
My favorite so far.
I've been using this for three years now, and love it. Get this app. Get MOBAC. Go offline anywhere you want. You can build layers from different maps. You can choose spots to get more or less detail and leave intermediary levels out to save disk space. Customize like mad, once you get really into it. This mapper is so awesome. Record routes, mark waypoints, export to other apps, and if you didn't quite make the ideal map, you can resort to the full state vector map you downloaded, just in case. Really, too cool for school.
Great app for travel
I was hooked once I tried the trial which included the Pro features. There was no question as to whether I should buy it or not!
Even if you buy a SIM in a country, you never know when the signal will be spotty. Galileo is a bullet-proof backup plan. That plus the GPS tracking makes for a fun way to record flights, bus rides, and hikes, which you can quickly/easily backup or export to use within Google Earth, MapBox, and probably others.
Galileo gets a spot on my bottom row! Don't travel without it!
Spent 2weeks driving around Europe and with this app I was able to locate my position on the very detailed map totally offline. I kept my phone on airplane mode and the GPS was extremely accurate. It even displayed the speed, location and altitude of the flight I was on!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Sep 10, 2015
- Version: 3.3.4
- Size: 30.2 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Evgen Bodunov
- © Evgen Bodunov
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- All-in-One Features Pack$3.99
- Offline Maps Import$0.99
- GPS Track Recording$1.99
- All-in-One Features Pack$2.99
- All-in-One Features Pack$1.99
- Customizing Map Features$0.99