Galileo Offline Maps - OSM based project for hikers & bikers traveling the wilderness
By Evgen Bodunov
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Go offline anywhere you want — offline vector maps and offline search for your better travel experience. Record your GPS tracks, bookmark your favorite locations and use the localized language to display map’s labels.
!! (Paid) features may be unlocked through in-app purchase. !!
• Totally free – there is no limit on the number of countries/regions you can download.
• Detailed and informative – because they based on OpenStreetMap.org data.
• Up-to-date and accurate – we update them monthly.
• Take up less space than others and work really fast – app uses GPUs in addition to CPUs to render vector maps.
• Changeable size of labels – large labels on maps is extremely useful while driving.
• Multiple languages support – map labels will be changed to the selected language immediately.
• Incredible fast – results appear instantly as you type.
• It works in variety of ways – by object name, category or even by GPS coordinates.
• It finds objects in multiple languages – this will make your searching much easier than ever.
• No internet connection required.
GPS Tracks Recording: (Paid)
• Record your trips and export them as KML/GPX files.
• Monitor your real-time speed, distance and time traveled, as well as altitude right on the map during the trip.
• Beautiful gradients to visualise altitude and speed changes.
Bookmarks on the Map: (Paid)
• Mark your favorite places on your maps and set points of interest for your next trip.
• Choose from lots of icons to assign to bookmarks.
• Store your bookmarks and GPS tracks in separate collections for a quick access.
Sharing Your Geodata:
• Share your itineraries from the app via Mail, Facebook and Twitter
• Export them in the most common formats: KML & GPX.
Backing Up Your Data:
• Back up your collections to have the copy of data that may be lost or deleted by mistake.
• Restore data to your device from the backup you created earlier in one tap.
• Transfer backuped data to another iOS device or app.
Offline Maps Import: (Paid)
• Import previously created custom offline maps in .sqlitedb or .mbtiles format (use Mobile Atlas Creator, TileMill or SAS.Planet to generate offline maps).
And even more:
• Custom map sources support (including multi-layer sources)
• Different coordinate formats (including MGRS)
• Importing KML/GPX files into the app
• GPS filtering (accuracy and distance threshold)
• Bearing line to bookmark
• One finger zooming
• Online search
• Measuring distance between two points on the map
• Works on slow iOS5 devices iPad 1 and iPhone 3GS
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.2.12
Now you can choose to display labels for bookmarks directly on the map and edit bookmark coordinates in details.
Usability improvements and bugfixes.
Please take 2 minutes to rate the new version on the App Store!
Great offline map ( no need internet ), accurate info
I am currently in China. Google maps cant function here ( Apple Maps provide wrong info ). So I use this app as free version and it is WOW!!! Really good app, no need internet connection ( I dont buy 3G simcard in China since i cant use Google services here) and this app give me the accurate location, accurate maps. I can find the metros stations easy by just looking at the app's map (if you travel by yourself, you will know how valuable is a good map ). I decided to give this app a review since it helped me so much. I also buy the pro features to support the creators. Good job and hope you can make it better !
My favorite so far.
I've been using this for two years now, and love it. Get this app. Get MOBAC. Go offline anywhere you want. You can build layers from different maps. You can choose spots to get more or less detail and leave intermediary levels out to save disk space. Customize like mad, once you get really into it. This mapper is so awesome. Record routes, mark waypoints, export to other apps, and if you didn't quite make the ideal map, you can resort to the full state vector map you downloaded, just in case. Really, too cool for school.
This is my favorite GPS app. I use it to log my bike rides and hikes, then upload to MapMyRun. I also use it to keep track of my flights-I travel a lot for work. Finally, I use it as a volunteer for my land trust-the boundaries have been converted to GPX files, so I can easily find the borders of our properties to check for encroachment. Easily worth the price.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Apr 03, 2015
- Version: 3.2.12
- Size: 28.9 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Evgen Bodunov
- © Evgen Bodunov
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- All-in-One Features Pack$3.99
- Offline Maps Import$0.99
- GPS Track Recording$1.99
- All-in-One Features Pack$2.99
- All-in-One Features Pack$1.99
- Customizing Map Features$0.99