Welcome to Game Informer, the world’s largest computer and video game magazine!
A 25-year veteran to publishing, Game Informer Magazine continues to shape the video game industry by expanding perspectives and providing in-depth knowledge and insight into the games market. We deliver news, previews, reviews, and features on computer, mobile, social, and console video games including Xbox One, PlaysStation 4, Switch, Wii U, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, 3DS, DS, PC, Vita, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, PSVR, iOS, and PSP.
Now available on your iPhone* and iPad**, Game Informer Magazine is the industry's leading magazine and is the 3rd largest overall consumer magazine in the United States. You can buy individual issues or subscribe, all right within the app.
Visit FAQ page at http://www.gameinformer.com/maghelp
*Available for iPhone 5 and newer.
** Available for iPad 2 and newer.
*** NEW PURCHASE OPTIONS ***
Individual issue pricing: $4.99
-Subscribe using the auto-renew feature and you won’t miss an issue ever! Once your initial 12 issues have been received, your subscription will automatically renew for another year at $19.99.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
iPad Pro 11" support
Ratings and Reviews
I love the idea of the app but there are way too many bugs for me to remotely enjoy using it. A lot of reviews say they can't back out of a issue, which I've never had any problems with (just press and hold on the middle of a page and it will give you the option to back out), but I've had major problems with things as simple as turning pages. I will turn the page and it will get stuck half way and it won't let me continue turning or reading. I have to turn back a page and go forward again about 4/5 times before it skips the page I want to goto and then I can back into the page in order to read it. Also the purchase and other links at the problem are generally buggy. It won't actually launch the site but instead, it will just sit there and act like I never pressed it.
Also the biggest issue I have is that I can't load some issues that are in my library. I have a subscription, and yet it won't let me read the issue unless I spend $5 to buy it individually. I am currently having that issue with my monster hunter world December 2017 issue.
If you have the choice to get the physical copy, do that instead. The app has been broken forever and a day and no one's doing anything to fix issues that have been around since the app launched.
Overall Good but Some Glitches
Personally, I enjoy reading Gameinformer and in the new digital age I am glad to see mobile compatibility mesh with informative gaming journalism. I like the functionality and ease of the app and finally being able to easily sift through an issue on my phone is nice. It is easy to find certain parts of the mag, although I typically read through the whole thing. That being said, there are a few bugs associated with it. I find that the swipe-left-to-turn-page feature is a little touchy and I frequently turn back to the previous page. Also it may be intended, but despite my current digital subscription I seem to be unable to access the current issue without having to buy it mobiley, which is not the business. With some minor improvements, I would call this an effective app for reading a great magazine.
Love this app
Ok so guess what I just figured out people's u can download other issues and figure out what months u wanna download and use while on the app I know it's hard to believe but for everyone who has downloaded the app and is using it look no further when you are upset that it doesn't go home to see more issues or have a home screen while on the issue you are on just push and hold your finger on the screen (works with iOS) sorry it's what I own and then it gives you an more options to select I know I couldn't believe it myself but now everyone knows
- Sunrise Publications, Inc.
- 38.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Game Informer
- In-App Purchases
- 12 Months of Game Informer, Auto-Renewing $19.99
- December 2012 - issue 236 $4.99
- September 2016 - Issue 281 $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.