Game Master will help you run your 5th Edition game more efficiently. Setup encounters, track initiative, and roll attacks all in one convenient app.
- Encounter manager tracks initiative, hp, and all the necessary stats of your monsters and PCs
- Roll attacks, skills, and saving throws with simple tap
- Add more monsters using the monster editor
- Keep a campaign log and notes about and each encounter
- Rules Quick Reference view to containing DM screen information
- Dice roll calculator lets you roll any dice combo easily
- Easy mode setting: For when your players are struggling and you don't feel like having a TPK, fudge your dice rolls to be lower. The app will roll all dice twice and takes the lower of the two.
- Import everything. Type up notes, create monsters and a rules reference sheet on your PC then import them into this app
- Compendium of creatures, items, and spells
The app is free to download but encounters are limited to a max of 6 combatants. This can be unlocked by purchasing the full version.
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I use this quite a bit, and would suggest and RPG player to get it! I have the free version, but the full version would be very useful. I have already made my own items and full campaigns using this, and the encounter tracker is so useful. There are many other features that deserve a spotlight, but I’m going to move on to some things I’d change.
1: You can’t add a player character to encounters
2: If you don’t name an encounter or campaign or anything else it shows up as an invisible spot, so you have to name it.
3: Having a guidebook would be very nice, especially for some of the more complex features, maybe a small tutorial to guide you through the beautiful interface and useful in-app tools.
Otherwise, this app has a beautiful simplistic interface and works very smoothly on my phone, has SSOO many useful features to help out DMs, and I would highly recommend getting it. Keep in mind it does not have a grid, you can’t add the players(at least in the free version) and you will find yourself planning ahead in your campaign for months :)
Excellent App, but room for improvement.
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this app, but there is some room for improvement. First and foremost, I think you should be able to link the compendiums from this developer's various apps together (game master 5, fight club 5, etc.). As of right now, you are unable to sync compendiums, which means you have to manually update the compendium for all of this developer's apps every time you add something. Also, make the full compendium available from one app to the other, as there are several sections only available in fight club 5. Secondly, allow easier import and export of player and creature information. There is a way to export and import characters, but it's kind of a pain. And lastly, and probably least, set up a separate section for storyboarding within the app. You can kinda use the notes section for that, but I think it would be neat to have a section totally devoted to storyboarding.
I can't emphasize how much I love this app, and I spent so much time talking about what could be better, that it sounds like I don't, but I really really do. Great work developer!
Most useful app
My children and I just started playing 5th edition (I played some D&D back in the day: Basic set, dabbled with AD&D, missed 2nd, 3rd, and 3.5, then fiddled with 4th edition). Fifth edition has been quite interesting and fun so far, and this app has been invaluable. We are working our way through "Lost Mine of Phandelver" and GameMaster has truly facilitated all the encounters with appropriate details with initiative order, turn/round management, HP and condition tracking, etc. (I have one feature request: is it possible to allow for customized conditions incurred during combat?) This app eliminates a good amount of the tedium for a DM. Dice rolling features are convenient, though we prefer the tactile experience of real dice -- nothing like the excitement of rolling a natural 20. Very useful to be able to import and export data and customize the compendium. This helped me homebrew a few things like spells and monsters. Great app that will streamline and enhance your game.
- Leo Mortero
- 36.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Leo Mortero
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.