The Game Of Life was created in 1970 by mathematician John Conway.
It consists of a two dimensional orthogonal grid of cells, each of which being alive or dead.
Cells evolve at each turn following simple rules:
- A live cell with fewer than two live neighbours dies.
- A live cell with more than three live neighbours dies.
- A dead cell with three live neighbours becomes alive.
- Library of 800+ common patterns, which can be expanded.
- Customisable rules, for exploring beyond the classic Conway's rules.
- Open and save files as RLE (run length encoded).
- Highly customisable interface.
- Pattern viewer.
- Live drawing and simple drag & drop from the library.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.