*** FREE 30 DAY SUBSCRIPTION TRIAL – READ OUR LATEST ISSUE FREE TODAY ***
Highly respected within the gaming industry by both publishers and development studios alike, games™ has proved itself as one of the most esteemed and trusted magazines in the field. The soaring production values and highly knowledgeable team have already secured four industry awards, and the unflinching and unbiased opinion has elevated the magazine’s status to the most trusted in the business. With a dedicated retro gaming section, features that cut through the industry and the biggest reviews, games™ is the easily the most comprehensive videogame magazine on the market and the perfect choice for anyone who takes gaming seriously.
What you’ll find in every issue:
• Industry insight – interviews and features focusing on the biggest players in videogames
• Big features – from behind-the-scenes looks at upcoming blockbusters to exclusive insight from developers on the biggest games industry topics
• Classic gaming – a dedicated retro section offering a step back in time with interviews and insight into the greatest games ever made
Join thousands of others and download our free app now!
Once you’ve downloaded our app, you will need to take a free trial or purchase a single issue or subscription to access our in-depth content. We also publish specials and guides - browse our publications, read what interests you most, and get inspired.
Back issues, specials, and future issues are available for purchase within the app. Subscriptions are available on 1 month, 6 months and 1 year terms, and auto-renew until you decide to cancel it. You can cancel your subscription at any point.
Individual issues are priced at:
Single issue £4.99 / $4.99 / €5.49
With subscription prices at:
1 month £2.99 / $3.99 / €3.99
6 months £17.99 / $23.99 / €23.99
1 year £29.99 / $39.99 / €39.99
Prices subject to change - please check inside the app for current pricing.
*** Please Note: Our digital edition is not printable and does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with the print edition ***
• The free trial offer is only available to new subscribers. If you have previously subscribed then payment will be taken immediately.
• You can cancel at any time during the free trial period and you will not be charged. Simply turn off auto-renew in your Apple account subscriptions page at least 24 hours before the auto-renew is due.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase .
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
The subscription will include the current issue if you don't already own it and subsequently published future issues for the duration of your subscription period.
• We've rebranded the app with our new logo and updated the messaging system.
• Bookmarking bug fix. Some users reported that bookmarks were flickering which has now been fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
The actual magazine is great and i will give it 4 stars, but the app to read it is terrible, worth only 2 stars, hence my 3 star rating. The app takes forever to load up, despite my ipad being connected through my 4Mps adsl/wifi line. My other magazines load noticable quicker. Secondly, the page previews at the bottom (when you tap the screen once) only shows four pages, why bother, you may as well leave it out. Lastly, the app doesn't remember what page i was on last. When you return to the app (eg after switching on again next day) it either takes you to the front page or the store page, unlike other magazine apps which open up on the page where you last left it.
Good, but could be better
First off, anyone who says they feel cheated about no free issues needs to learn to read: it clearly states in the description the cost per issue. Beyond that, it's a magazine app and most of these have per issue costs.
That said, this is a decent e-reader that works about the same as many others on the market.
The biggest drawback is stability: it's a bit crash prone and I sometimes the issues don't download right necessitating a new download. I also wish there was a way to view issues on a PC
That said the biggest plus is price: the app is free and issues are only $5. Considering you pay $10 on the newsstand, it's a great savings. I did see a U.S. centric ad for an $80 subscription (down from the $110+ normal price) so this still comes out ahead. I also like you can access this on 6 devices and share issues. And the issue are really current. My local BN is always a month behind.
Overall, I can put up with the minus b/c it's a good deal. Worth checking out for at least one issue.
Add sample pages to help customers.
My problem with most of the newsstand magazines is that only a few have a sample of the magazine. This has no preview pages and I don't want to spend 5.00 on an issue before I know if I like it. I have no problem with in app purchases. I do have a problem with blindly purchasing an issue when I might decide to subscribe. Please add a sample and I'll make it 5 stars.
- Imagine Publishing
- 49.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Future Publishing Limited
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Subscription $3.99
- 1 Year Subscription $39.99
- 6 Month Subscription $23.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.