GAMEYE is the FREE, revolutionary way to manage your video game collecting addiction!
To get your collection into the app we support:
• Scanning loose cartridges with your phone's camera
• Scanning barcodes with your phone's camera
• Manually selecting individual games
• Track your games, consoles/systems, peripherals, and toys to life (Amiibo, Skylanders, Disney Infinity)
• Track upcoming and recent releases, with notifications when they release if added to your wishlist!
• Over 100 platforms and 50,000+ games and adding more all the time
• Internet only required for updates (new games, updated prices, etc...)
• Pricing information: make sure you aren't getting ripped off and smile when you see the approximate value of your entire collection!
• Encyclopedia: encyclopedic amount of information in your pocket on over 35 thousand games, from the earliest computer games all the way to the latest new releases for the current generation of consoles, handhelds, and computers!
• Game info: high-resolution cover images, screenshots, fan art, game overview, release details, links to Amazon, eBay, YouTube, thegamesdb.net, and pricecharting.com
• Record keeping: keep track of what parts of the game you own (manual, game, box, other, sealed) and their various conditions. How much you've paid for the game (compared to how much it's worth!) and how much of the game you've beaten! Keep individualized notes on the items
• So many filters! Tons of filtering options such as by price, date, name, platform, type, number of players, etc...
• Analyze: see an overview of your collection stats and be in awe at how far you've come!
• Export your collection as a list (to easily post on a website, fb, etc...), as a spreadsheet for viewing in your favorite spreadsheet program, and create restore points to keep your collection safe at anytime (Drive is also used for backups).
• The only app with Radical Reggie's official game seal of quality! https://www.youtube.com/user/icon770
•• Community Driven Data ••
• Missing games? Don't see a game or edition of a game you own? Add it to thegamesdb.net and the GAMEYE will pull it down! See missing or incorrect information in the details? Fix them for the whole community! See bad prices? Click the PriceCharting link and report them!
•• Just some of the supported platforms ••
• NES, SNES, N64, Game Boy, Virtual Boy, GBA, Nintendo DS, 3DS, Switch, Sega Master System, Genesis, 32X, Game Gear, Saturn, Dreamcast, NEC TurboGrafx, NeoGeo, NeoGeo Pocket, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation, PS2, PS3, PS4, and the list goes on!
New game additions to the site are once again reflected immediately in app! No more delays!
Ratings and Reviews
The Best Of Its Kind
I tried out every app that I could find for cataloguing my game collection. All of them were either poorly managed, or relied entirely on a premium subscription.
Then I found GAMEYE, the absolute best of its kind.
Adding a game to your GAMEYE collection is as easy as scanning the barcode, or, if you only have the disk (or the barcode isn’t in the database), search an almost disgustingly expansive database of games.
The inclusion of Consoles, Peripherals (Memory cards, chords, etc.), TTL (Skylanders, Amiibo, etc.), a Trade/Sale organization category, and more are all bonuses that keep this app above and beyond anything else achieved in the App Store.
I downloaded GAMEYE a couple months ago and have loved it ever since, the smooth interface, and especially the frequent updates that somehow manage to raise the app beyond perfection.
The recent addition of Recent/Upcoming releases is phenomenal. It’s the little things like this that show just how much the developer cares about bringing an amazing product to the table.
If you’re looking for an app to catalogue your Games, accessories, consoles, etc. definitely give GAMEYE a try.
Wow, thank you so much for the review!
Will last longer than other, similar apps
So I’ve tried quite a few library apps to catalogue my game collection and many of them hit a point when the reference pool that they draw from runs dry (meaning the new games you try to scan don’t show up and you have to manually enter everything). This app connects to a user managed database which seems to be kept up very well. Aside from that the barcode scanner is great and the magic eye feature (not sure that’s what it’s called) that lets you scan cartridges from retro games works enough of the time to be a cool feature. Just make sure you double check your scanned carts, it’s not a perfect system yet.
No need for WIFI REQ.
Heard about this from Radical Reggie. I am a developer myself and game enthusiast too. However the moment I saw "the application requires WIFI to download data" I knew right away this wouldn't last on my phone. The app has the potential to be the best in market. The issue is you should never require WIFI once the application has been downloaded. It is a better practice to have the initial download carry the most weight and have it download any database or such. Then use simple 3G/LTE functions for normal updates and other downloads.
I will keep this on my phone for maybe an update but please take off the WIFI requirement.
Also do not get discouraged the app looks great! Just trying to give feedback brotha!
- Harrison Holzhauer
- 18 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016-2018 Harrison Holzhauer
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.