Gangstar Rio: City of Saints
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The acclaimed Gangstar series is back on iPhone and iPad to offer you a whole new place to have criminally good fun!
You’ll never experience a better way to discover Rio de Janeiro!
SEE RIO… AND FIGHT
For the first time ever in a sandbox game, explore the city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Discover 5 different neighborhoods including the favelas, business district, beaches and jungle.
Also, for the first time in the Gangstar series, explore indoor environments fully realized in 3D.
IT’S A LONG WAY TO THE TOP
Over 60 varied missions to complete, plus dozens of random events to give you hours of fun.
Kill corrupt politicians, protect witnesses, deliver special packages, steal cars and find out who tried to kill you and leave you for dead.
SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIENDS
Access a wide range of weapons like handguns, rifles, bazookas and grenades plus a new local specialty: the Explosive Football.
Also drive dozens of vehicles including planes, helicopters and a tank, and of course, you can rob, purchase and collect dozens of cars or motorbikes.
HAVE IT YOUR WAY
You can now customize your character. Unlock numerous shirts, pants, hats, glasses and more that you can collect and use to customize your character.
ENTER THE REAL BRAZIL
The realism has been pushed even further thanks to various radio channels broadcasting hip hop, electro and funk music with several licensed tracks:
- World Town - M.I.A.
- Office Boy - Bonde do Role
- Lingua de Tamanduá - MV Bill
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.
What's New in Version 1.4.0
- Bug fixes
Enjoy an even more beautiful Rio, optimized for the iPhone 5
Voodoo casts a spell over the City of Saints:
- Turn your enemies into zombies with the Crossbow
- Steal life from them with the Voodoo doll
- Move and kill faster with the Sacrificial Blade
- Cruise in the Abominator car and fire its insane machine gun
- Summon zombie allies
- Boost your speed and armor with the new potions
Set your wheels on fire with the Nitro Boost
Amazing Game but 2 Problems to Fix
I got this game a few weeks ago and did not stop playing it until I finished every mission and bought a bunch of weapons and clothes. I loved it but I have two suggestions it would be great if you took for future updates.
1. Once you finish all the missions you should be able to go do them again. Because now I have great weapons and I bought extra health but there is nothing for me to do except those little missions that are easy. So just be able to start the missions again, that's all
2. I bought the jet pack but I always die just flying around because of the small fly button. I fly high into the air but then when I try to land I can't stop because my fingers can't find the button. I know it's a small problem but I would really appreciate it if you fixes it.
Thanks pretty great game but please address those issues.
People vanish into buildings & go into drill-like spin… FIX!!!
Latest update plays fine as-is, but needs more new features. Like more weapons, wider variety of cars (not just the high-level unusual vehicles like that Abominator thing), a wider variety of clothing and haircuts, and put more varying types of people in. Where are the children in Rio? Or the dogs and cats and other pets? Maybe when you dive in the water there should be sharks to fend off. and vary the weather. Not just sunshine and night time, but also rainstorms, fog, etc.
Also it'd be cool to be able to damage buildings, and one more error: can you please fix the error where people disappear INTO THE BUILDINGS? Not like they walk into a store or w/e, but they vanish into the walls and stuff, and occasionally people will inexplicably go into a power drill-like spin and you can't break them out of it.
I have every flying vehicle except jet pack. I bought the military helicopter and I realized it was a waste. For anyone who is reading this DONT buy the military chopper. Just save your money for a jet pack or buy the police chopper (police chopper is way more effective when shooting cars and stuff.) The military chopper doesn't shoot rockets like the ones in GTA Series. Sure it may look boss but its horrible. Instead of shooting out rockets it shoots out flacks. The shot just basically explodes in mid-air if your flying while shooting which can damage your chopper. After 2-3 shots my chopper is destroyed. The only way to shoot without damaging yourself is to keep the helicopter still or fly slowly which is really dull.
Makers of the game, please fix. Till then, i suggest others to save money for police chopper and/or jet pack.
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 09, 2013
- Version: 1.4.0
- Size: 878 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Gameloft
- © 2013 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved. Gameloft and the Gameloft logo are trademarks of Gameloft in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Regular Money Package$2.99
- Big Money Package$7.99
- Regular Respect Boost$2.99
- Big Respect Boost$7.99
- Huge Money Package$29.99
- Huge Respect Boost$14.99