Gappy Learns Reading
By Spinlight Studio
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Discover the awesome reading game that helps early learners master more than 200 three-letter words. In Gappy Learns Reading, you'll travel across four exciting worlds, spelling words to bridge the gaps and collect the parts you need to redesign Gappy's house. From a cozy cabin to a castle with a gingerbread roof, there are more than 700 creative combinations you can make in the primary learning adventure perfect for pint-size readers.
“This app, from these tried and true developers, is so engaging, visually pleasing, and inviting the students simply can’t get enough of it!” — Teachers With Apps
• 211 three-letter words for kids to learn, including 174 basic CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) and 37 common sight words.
• A fun puzzle game design for preschool and kindergarten learners who know the alphabet and are just beginning to read.
• 54 different house parts that let kids make 720 fanciful combinations.
• Four game levels that help children progress from identifying letters to spelling words.
• The ability to switch cases, helping children learn capital and lowercase letters.
• Selectable word groupings that let players learn at their own pace.
• A teaching keypad with the name and sound of every letter.
Awards & Recognitions:
• Featured in Apple Apps for Preschool & Kindergarten
• Featured in Apple’s Education Spotlight Newsletter
• Apple New and Noteworthy
Crafted by Spinlight, a team of talented artists and parents who share a simple goal — to make games that spark a lifelong passion for learning.
What's New in Version 1.93
Learning to Read has never been better!
Gappy Learns Reading is the best app out there to help your kids learn how to read and sound out letters. In this app, you have to sound out letter to make a word. The word will then create a bridge that Gappy can jump over to eventually reach his home, where a gift will be waiting for you. Each gift is a new piece you can use to design your home. Ex. Doors, windows, fences, etc. this is so much fun for the kids, and will keep them learning for hours!
Better for 5 and under beginning readers
I regularly have purchased literacy and numeracy apps for my children over the past 4 years, so I have a experience and fair idea of what constitutes challenging, yet age appropriate content in a game. I have recently become frustrated with itunes (or the game creators') age categorization for kids, 5 and under and then 6-8 does not accurately reflect content. Getting to the point, this game is better suited for 5 and under.
This game may be a good educational game for early phonics and sight word learners, ie. ages 4-5. It is way too easy for a first grader or a child reading beyond three letter sight words, even at the most difficult setting.
Educational & Fun
My nephew is constantly learning new words and how to spell them out. This is a great app and I recommend it to parents!! There's a section where your little ones can hear the alphabet so your kids will learn how to pronounce each letter of the alphabet. Your kids will learn new three letter words while helping gappy cross the bridge by filling in the gap with the correct letter and each level you pass on you will be rewarded a piece of gappy's house to change.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 03, 2014
- Version: 1.93
- Size: 52.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Spinlight Studio
- © Spinlight Studio
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.