Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar, and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks*. Record performances from third-party music and effect apps directly into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio in iOS 8. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with acoustic and electronic drum kits
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects
• Use the Sampler to create new instruments from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard
• Record compatible third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords, or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks* using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using AirDrop for iOS
* 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip or higher. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation).
What's New in Version 2.0.7
• Share directly from GarageBand to Apple Music Connect*
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
* Requires Apple Music Connect account.
Needs more instruments
This app is great. I think you should add more instruments. First you should update the guitars. I think you should add jazz guitar, twelve string electric and acoustic guitars, lap steel guitar, and pedal steel guitar. You also need a handful of percussions because you have drums but not percussion. You have orchestra(strings) but you need brass and woodwind instruments to. Also you should have other drum kit designs like another way to add percussion is to make drum kits with percussion on them. Also add double bass drum kits and massive drum kits. Also maybe add electronic drum sets. All I'm saying is that the instrument choice is not enough. Also the short song lengths are the worst. So please make it so you can choose the length of your song. I'm begging you to add all of this. Keep making this app better
Very Frustrating App. Metronome from Hell.
All we need to do is record and edit quality voices. I Can do it in Garage Band for MAC, but GB for iPad is terrible.
First, is the Metronome. I will never use the Metronome. I Don't want it. But you end up dealing with it ALL THE TIME. You turn it off, it turns itself back on. Nearly every recording gets screwed, start over, because of the flakey Metronome option from hell that won't shut up.
Second, I want to stay in Track View, like the MAC. But no. Every time you try to record it flips into a 'VU METER' full screen, (usually along with the insidious Metronome.
Garage Band for iPad is ALMOST good, but misses, and is in fact is basically unusable for my very basic purposes - which is to record and edit voice.
My answer is Stick with Garage Band for the MAC, or use Wave Pad, or anything else.
I love this app but needs more!
I absolutely love this app, it may not be the most professional DAW out there but it definitely one of the most fun. The only problem I have is that it really needs more stuff added, maybe some brass instruments, some more effects or settings for vocals, and definitely more drum sounds.
Like I said I love the app, and would recommend it to people who are looking to get into recording, or even seasoned musicians who are just looking for something fun to mess around with. Just at this time it is kind of limiting.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 30, 2015
- Version: 2.0.7
- Size: 628 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2011 - 2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Complete collection of GarageBand instruments and soundsFree