Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar, and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects.* Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance. GarageBand now takes song creation to the next level with support for up to 32 tracks.** Get even more sounds for GarageBand with a one-time in-app purchase or record popular third-party music apps using Inter-App Audio in iOS 7. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with an acoustic and electronic drum kit
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects*
• Use the Sampler to create an instrument from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard*
• Record compatible third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio in iOS 7
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings*
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard*
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords, or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds*
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums*
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks** using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using Airdrop for iOS
* Requires one-time in-app purchase for the complete collection of GarageBand instruments and sounds.
** 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation).
What's New in Version 2.0.1
•This update improves stability and addresses a number of minor issues
If you are updating from GarageBand 1.x using iTunes on your Mac or PC, you may need to restore the original collection of instruments and sounds. Repurchasing this collection is not required. Tap 'Already purchased?’ when prompted on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
Amazing sound quality
I enjoy using this app to create my own songs, soundtracks, ringtones, and much more. I think this app is better than the PC version of GarageBand on Mac computers. The instruments are very easy to use, the sound quality is very good, and there are hundreds of sounds, loops, instruments and more, that you can put into songs.
You can also share songs the iOS version of iMovie, email them, or share them to iTunes. It's amazing all that you can do with this app.
My personal favorite instrument is the drums. There are electric, classic, hip hop, vintage, and more. With the drums you just tap on them to make a beat. You can use two fingers to do drum roles, or just make a steady beat. But if you select "smart drums" they let you design and create a beat you can record with out having to keep tapping the drums. You can also pick a key and tempo for your song.
Anyway, I think this is well worth $5. It's a great app to have and have fun with.
If you could add brass, trumpets, more synths, and jazzy stuff, that would be great! Other than that, keep up the awesome work!
Apple can do better.... Can't you?
I really can't complain about GarageBand for iOS given the current price of the app. There are a lot of things that could be better but for $5 it's the best in that price range. However Apple can do better ( I'm guessing ) in terms of an Audio app for iOS. I started using GarageBand for iOS some years ago for ideas but have long since outgrown it for apps like Auria and Cubasis as far as Daws go.
As more and more musicians are taking the ipad as a serious medium for pro level audio production, when is Apple going to take us serious and give us a better solution than GarageBand? If they can't or won't I'm ok being as though others have picked up the ball for us, but come on Apple, were ready for something better even if we have to pay $50 or whatever. I mean didn't you guys create iOS in the first place? I hate to say it but Steve left a huge gap at apple that has yet to be filled. This goes for video editing on iOS also. No one at Apple is thinking ahead as far as Audio/video goes for iOS.
Garageband will win you over in an instant
So easy to use it's no wonder I've lost track of the time on countless occasions working out a rhythm on this truly spectacular achievement named Garageband. Built in sampler for those beatbox ideas you've been rattling about in your musical chest of ideas. The instruments will engulf your senses. I assure you, pop those headphones, earbuds, whatever you like to listen to your music through, and you'll recognize then what a wise person you are for downloading Garageband. Superb in every category. In Garageband, making music feels like, making magic.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 10, 2014
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 611 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2011 - 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Complete collection of GarageBand instruments and sounds$4.99