Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ, by triggering loops and audio effects in real time. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and drums. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Audio Unit Extensions in iOS 10 allow you to play, record and mix third-party instruments or effects right into GarageBand. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates like EDM, House and Hip Hop
• Build your own grid using over 1,200 Apple Loops in a variety of popular genres
• Create loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument, or live instruments like voice or guitar
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects like filters, repeaters, and vinyl scratching
• Tap record and capture your Live Loop performance
Drummer for iOS
• Add a virtual session Drummer to your song who takes direction and plays realistic grooves
• Choose from 9 acoustic or electronic drummers
• Each Drummer character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
• Play and record using the new Alchemy Touch Instrument with over 150 synth patches*
• Swipe on the Transform Pad to morph and tweak the sound of any patch
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects like pitch correction, distortion and delay with the Audio Recorder
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps & stompboxes
• Use the Sampler to create your own custom instrument
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch**
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions***
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use new mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* The Alchemy synth is available on iPhone 6 or later, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 4
** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
*** Polyphonic aftertouch is available on iPhone 6s or later.
**** 32 tracks is available on iPhone 5s or later, iPad Pro, iPad Air or later, and iPad mini 2 or later. Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
What's New in Version 2.2.2
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Daisy's New app updates idea
I have an idea for this app, you should try to add a new feature, called a Music vocal generator, I know it doesn't exist, but it will exist on this app, here's how it works: first you pick five or more instruments that is shown in front of you, then you use your singing voice or vocals to the microphone any type of pitch, tone, etc, then it'll generate from the Instruments you chosen to match the tone and pitch, etc. of your voice and it creates a whole song, also it extends any minute or second of the recording of your voice, there's one little detail that you need to know, The entire song the generator makes with the chosen instruments, is completely random, not even I know how to play the way it does, LOL, well that's my idea, hope you like it 😊
Lower tunings for guitar, along with tempo and time signature changes!
So I play in a band that uses lower tunings and when I sometimes get ideas out of nowhere, I can't exactly pull out my real guitar and record it so I don't forget. The problem is, I also can't create my ideas on the GarageBand guitars cause it goes no lower than standard E. This is a great app and it's very helpful but please make lower tunings accessible for the guitar! 😭 bass can do it why not guitar? Also, it would be very useful to be given the ability to have multiple tempo changes or time signatures within a song without it affecting the entire project as it currently does. Just an idea though! Thanks :)
I use this app because this is all I've got. This app is great sometimes, but there are a LOT of issues. If you make a beat that is too fast and record it, it will not pick up the exact beat. You also can use the scroll option when you are recording. That is not a glitch, it was something the developers did and I have no idea why. But it's still a terrible choice to make. And there are many MANY other issues. But if you just want to screw around, than this is great for that. Now don't get me wrong, the quality is GREAT! I just wish there weren't so many problems with the app. I made an insane beat and I can't record it properly because of these stupid issues. 3/5
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 05, 2017
- Version: 2.2.2
- Size: 1.70 GB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2011-2017 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.