This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ, by triggering loops and audio effects in real time. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and drums. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Audio Unit Extensions in iOS 10 allow you to play, record and mix third-party instruments or effects right into GarageBand. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates like EDM, House and Hip Hop
• Build your own grid using over 1,200 Apple Loops in a variety of popular genres
• Create loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument, or live instruments like voice or guitar
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects like filters, repeaters, and vinyl scratching
• Tap record and capture your Live Loop performance
Drummer for iOS
• Add a virtual session Drummer to your song who takes direction and plays realistic grooves
• Choose from 9 acoustic or electronic drummers
• Each Drummer character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
• Play and record using the new Alchemy Touch Instrument with over 150 synth patches*
• Swipe on the Transform Pad to morph and tweak the sound of any patch
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects like pitch correction, distortion and delay with the Audio Recorder
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps & stompboxes
• Use the Sampler to create your own custom instrument
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch**
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions***
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use new mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* The Alchemy synth is available on iPhone 6 or later, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 4
** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
*** Polyphonic aftertouch is available on iPhone 6s or later.
**** 32 tracks is available on iPhone 5s or later, iPad Pro, iPad Air or later, and iPad mini 2 or later. Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
What's New in Version 2.2.2
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Better than fl studio mobile
I can't stop giving this app props because this is honestly the greatest music producing app so far... I'm actually in love with GarageBand the fact that there's so much to it actually makes me hype every time I get on the app. First timers will use the loops to create there songs that can tailor to there style. You can also add your own loops with the keyboard selection and synths. Millions of sounds that you can expand your arsenal with and it doesn't stop there. You can even download your own samples to expand your sound selection. Like I can record a note from my grand piano and turn it into its own song. This app will never die out as long as there is more and more sounds added to it. The only suggestion I'd add to GarageBand if I could. Would be to add more sound FX and chants. The essential to making genres of music is something that makes them memorable and the sounds that you can add will show it. I love this app and I hope it continues to grow because this potential already exceeds that of computer software. I can't wait for the community to grow more and more so that people won't have to spend 200 dollars on something when they can simply download a FREE app!!!
Great app but some suggestions
The app is great, and I can use it to write songs with a wide variety of instruments. There are some thing I think could be improved. When working on songs that are longer or more complex, the song "optimizes performance" which can take quite a long time, and happens often on some songs. I also think that the drum sounds could be better, and mote cymbals and drums would be nice. It would also be good if there was a disk scratching instrument, separate from the one in FX, where you could actually have rhythms and control the volume of the turntables. I think that a better metal guitar tone would also be good to have, and notes on that guitar could go lower than they can now. And as always I would like to see more sounds in the keyboards (like a harpsichord) and all of the other instruments, as well as possibly some more instruments. Overall good app but I think these things should be added.
This app is pretty good. I don't like how restricted you are though. One thing that that can change is the delay on the Strings and blow instruments, even if it makes the app more realistic, in my opinion, it just makes the app worse, especially sense the only way to play decently fast on the Strings is to use Staccato/Pizzacato, and on the Flute, you haft to go really high and most of the time, it just takes away from the piece/song. Another thing that should be fixed is the fact that you basically haft to be a professional Violinist to get good Vibrato on the strings, I HATE that. There are also other things as well but other than that, this app is pretty good. Stuff that's good is the Piano, Glockenspiel, all drum sets. Another thing that isn't good is I have a LOT of trouble getting a Tambourine sound without any other percussion instruments but there are many things that are good and for me, the good out way the bad so, pretty good :)
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 05, 2017
- Version: 2.2.2
- Size: 1.70 GB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2011-2017 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.