Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar, and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks*. Record performances from third-party music and effect apps directly into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio in iOS 8. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with acoustic and electronic drum kits
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects
• Use the Sampler to create new instruments from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard
• Record compatible third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords, or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks* using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using AirDrop for iOS
* 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip or higher. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation).
What's New in Version 2.0.7
• Share directly from GarageBand to Apple Music Connect*
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
* Requires Apple Music Connect account.
I Wanna Testify!
Pure genius! I would have thought a hundred or a few hundred years would pass before something as phenomenal as this would be created: a complete recording studio that fits in the palm of one's hand!! Technology has advanced so far! This does more and cheaper and better and faster than desktop programs costing 50x more. For musical creatives like me, listen, this is an app of your dreams. Now, I was weened on desktop apps. I have had experience tasting software like Reason, Acid Pro, Sonar, Cubase (albeit the latter limited as most of my experience is pc computers), so I had that under my belt, plus I (kind of) play keyboard and guitar in real life (the latter kinda iffy). I'm not a software nor a music novice, but I feel confident that GarageBand will and does level the playing field between me and the pros. Now, at least 2 things keep me from giving it a 5'er: the huge file size (which is nominally justified by its extensive instrument sets...except no because midi is not huge) and I would really love to simply export a completed song to My Music! Otherwise, it's a keeper and I am quite satisfied with it!
Metro Nome Issue!
I used this app to write an entire album & it worked great for pre-pro ideas & to hear vocal layers before going into the studio to record for real (as the sounds in GB are too outdated). I just came back after a hiatus to begin writing the next album & now we have a major problem. The metro nome starts automatically when you hit record. Doesn't matter if you click it off. It comes right back on and is more than frustrating when trying to edit a recording, or begin recording for that matter. You used to be able to go into the tools menu and unselect the metro nome, but now the toolbar at the top of the screen has a metro nome icon built in. You're supposed to be able to tap it on or off, obviously, but it doesn't stay off! This is a serious problem that makes the app pretty much unusable if you're looking to record anything because right when you hit record, you also record the click. Who wants the click in their track?! Garageband you need to fix this or a ton of people are going to stop using your app & give a low rating. Once upon a time I gave you 5 stars. Now I'm giving you 2. I work off an ipad btw if that helps.
Hey guys, I've been using garage band a long time now for iPad. Now with iPad pro it can unlock some even greater potential. There is nothing like garage band, and the touch instruments. It's truly a changing experience for music makers.
I feel like it's long overdue for a big update. Take more advantage of the iPad pro and its screen size. More instruments like trumpets and horns, other types of string setups, new drum sets to add, more bass guitars, more guitars with heavy distortion.
I've just been feeling like we haven't seen a true update to the software in ages. I think now is the time to bring in a lot of new stuff with iPad pro. The software is one the best and on of a kind. It's starting to feel stagnant though. All these years and it's the same thing, same instruments, no changes in sound. We should have ways to control EQ, sound boards and mixers. It's iPad pro. Apple leads by example, that's why garage band was made for I-ad in the first place. Show developers what can be done with the beauty that is the iPad pro.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 30, 2015
- Version: 2.0.7
- Size: 628 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2011 - 2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Complete collection of GarageBand instruments and soundsFree