This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
GarageBand turns your iPad, and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and create beats that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Use the new Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops and sound packs. Audio Unit Extensions in iOS 11 allow you to play, record and mix third-party instruments or effects right into GarageBand. And then share your song with friends and family.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates or build your own grid from scratch with Apple Loops
• Create custom loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects
• Tap record and capture your performance
Play your iPad, and iPhone, like a musical instrument
• Play a variety of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Play and record using the Alchemy synth*
• Build grooves inspired by classic electronic drum machines with the Beat Sequencer
• Download free instruments, loops and sound packs for GarageBand with the Sound Library
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps & stompboxes
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch**
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions***
Drummer for iOS
• Add virtual session drummers to your song who take direction and play realistic grooves
• Choose from acoustic, electronic drummers and percussionists****
• Each character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops*****
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use professional mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Recording, mixing and exporting a song can be done at 24-bit audio resolution
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud******
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* The Alchemy synth is available on iPhone 6 or later, iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation), iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 4.
** Polyphonic aftertouch is available on iPhone 6s or later.
*** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
**** Requires free download from GarageBand Sound Library.
***** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
****** Sharing to Facebook and YouTube requires iMovie.
What's New in Version 2.3.2
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
So i love this app and have been able to make some pretty great things with it but my only complaint (and this is a big one) is that all of the sounds are in the same category for the most part. They all sound generally like stuff you would use in techno music. It is very difficult to make a hard trap type beat with all of these up beat sounds. It makes it sound very immature and corny. Dont think its my fault because i use fl studio on my computer all the time and the amount of sounds you can buy/generate is awesome. There is always a way to get the specific sound you want but with garage band it feels like you are extremely confined. For example there isnt even 1 bass sound that is remotely close to sub bass. Its all super tight and there isnt any deep, good sounding bass. No matter how much you mix it you just cant get a good sound. I would like to see more dark, trap like sound packs in the future because i feel it would turn this app around. It would change the fact that people in the industry look down upon it and would please a huge fan base you probably didnt even know you had. Make the sounds more customizable and make purchasable sound packs that fit certain styles of music and just expand your reach out of just classic rock and techno. Create a platform that will please everyone instead of keeping it so conservative and limited. Thanks a lot and i hope to see change in the future.
Good app, needs changes.
I downloaded GarageBand on my laptop and my phone. On my laptop, it took about an hour to download (not including the very long amount of time it took to "download all essential sounds"). On my phone, it took about a half an hour to download. On top of this, it freezes almost every time I use the app. I will be very close to being done with a song, and the app will freeze (not crash). I then have no other choice but to close out the app, and when I open it back up, my progress will be gone. I have seen multiple people's reviews and almost half of them say that the same thing is happening to them. This proves that it is not just my phone, it os the app. Another suggestion from me would be to add key changes and tempo changes. This is definitely possible and I think it could make this app much better. Other than that, this music-making program is highly suggested from me and it works very well. There is just a little bit more work that should've gone into it during the iOS 11 process.
The best! But it still needs some help.
This app would be perfect if these issues could be resolved. I have an iPhone 6 and it is on the current update as of 1/3/18.
1. Constantly, every single song I have will not work. One or more audio files will absolutely refuse to play unless I close and reopen the application. Sometimes this doesn’t help and I just can’t use it.
2. One or more instruments will become distorted to the point of having to move the bass, treble, reverb or echo slide (which seems to be the only fix so far).
3. The open will flat out refuse to open, no matter what I do. The gray screen comes up, goes dark and after 5-20 seconds it just goes to home screen. Then when I double tap the home button and see the screen GarageBand is opened under it looks like it has loaded, then I click on it resulting the app to close once more. This problem seems to not want go away either. At this exact second it won’t work for me at all.
4. Tons of freezing as well. The screen freezes a lot and will not stop until I restart my iPhone. Or it’ll get so slow you don’t feel like using the app anymore.
5. The drums are all very quiet and the new Heavy Kit is so quiet and the overly compressed you cannot distinguish what drum you are hearing.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 05, 2017
- Version: 2.3.2
- Size: 1.77 GB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2011-2017 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.