Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Rebuilt from the ground up with a fresh new look and amazing new features, GarageBand is the easiest way to create a great-sounding song on your Mac. Add realistic, impeccably produced and performed drum grooves to your song with Drummer. Easily shape the sound of any instrument in the Sound Library with Smart Controls. Crank up the bottom end with Bass Amp Designer, or mix and match electric guitar amps, cabinets, and pedals with Amp Designer and Pedalboard. Control GarageBand and play any software instrument wirelessly on your iPad using the Logic Remote app. Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects updated across multiple Mac computers, or even import GarageBand for iOS songs directly from iCloud.
• A fresh new look, designed for easy music making
• Stay in perfect tune with a larger, more responsive Tuner
• Find the sweet spot in every track with the all-new interactive visual EQ
• Enable Quick Help and get useful hints wherever you hover your cursor
• Add a virtual session drummer or beat producer to your song that takes direction and plays realistic beats
• Choose among 28 players from popular genres like EDM, Hip Hop, Rock, and Alternative
• Use a simple set of controls to shape your drummer’s performance
• Each player can perform over a million unique groove and fill combinations
All-new Sound Library
• Get inspired with a fresh new collection of sounds and instruments
• Explore new Apple Loops covering the latest electronic and urban genres
• Easily shape any sound in the library with a custom set of knobs, buttons, and sliders
• The look and personality of Smart Controls changes with each instrument
Amps and Stompboxes
• Use Bass Amp Designer to dial up classic and modern tones
• Build your own guitar rig with Amp Designer using 25 legendary amps and cabinets
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of 35 fun and creative stompbox effects
Record. Mix. Master. Share.
• Create a song with up to 255 tracks
• Quickly change the timing of an audio recording using Flex Time
• Use Groove Matching to align the rhythm and timing of all your tracks with a single click
• Choose your best performance with multi-take recording
• Create a ringtone, export to your iTunes library, or share directly to SoundCloud
• Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects up to date across your Mac computers
• Start a song anywhere on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then import it wirelessly to your Mac to take it even further
Works with Logic Remote for iPad
• Use your iPad and Multi-Touch gestures to wirelessly play any GarageBand instrument on your Mac
• Access Smart Controls on your iPad to shape any sound while you’re playing
• Navigate your song and browse the Sound Library from your iPad
Learn to Play
• Get started with 40 Basic Lessons for guitar and piano covering classical, blues, rock, and pop
• Artist Lessons show you how to play a hit song taught by the artist who made it famous*
• Play along with any GarageBand Lesson and use How Did I Play to get feedback on how accurately you played
* GarageBand Artist Lessons are sold separately and are available directly through the GarageBand Lesson Store in select countries.
What's New in Version 10.2
• New modern design with improved ease of use
• Adds Touch Bar support to quickly navigate around your project and perform instruments
• 3 new Drummers who play percussion in the styles of Pop, Songwriter, and Latin
• Introduces new Drummer loops which can be added to your song and then customized with performance controls
• Remotely add new tracks to your project using GarageBand on your iPhone or iPad
I’m having mixed feelings…mostly negative ones.
I, myself, have been using GarageBand going on 5 years now. I’ll be honest that when I first started out, I liked the accessibility I had to different kinds of pianos, drum kits, and other things. The same went for the Sound Effects library, which I REALLY liked along with the Apple Loops selection. The recording software was really good, too. And a few years later, I saw even more options on instruments, which I thought was amazing! ...But as we all know, there are times in which we see odd changes. The Sound Effects library is gone, most of my favorite loops are gone, the recording software has lost its high quality, and a lot of instruments that I liked (i.e. Grand Piano On Stage, Alto Saxophone, etc.) are also gone. And with the new update, the Beat bar has been changed, so I can’t see what position I’m at. Also, the Sounds background used to look really cool, and now I don’t particularly care for it much anymore. …I’m not sure what Apple has been thinking as of late, but I really wish they could change some of these things back to how they were. I want to keep using GarageBand, but I don’t want to be using an application that I am slowly starting to dislike.
A great app!
I’ve been using GarageBand for years and I love it! It’s super easy to use, and all of the essentials are easily accessible. Lots of third party plugins also work very nicely.
One thing I wish could improved is the flex timing feature. The quality really isn’t that good after audio is stretched a lot. I know that this is done on purpose so that there is no lag or rendering time, but if there were a checkbox in the preferences panel that allowed for higher quality stretching upon export, then that would be perfect because I use that feature a lot when making remixes.
Overall, I really love GarageBand!
Update no help
I can't get Garageband 10 to record two inputs from my 2i2 Focusrite attached to 2012 MacBook Pro using Sierra. The sound is obviously getting to the interface. I set inputs to 1 on a mike and 2 on another mike for recording voice and guitar. I’ve enabled record in both however one will not stay on, no matter what I do. I’ve watched videos, checked blogs and forums — tried everything suggested, to no avail. I give up! Update 10.2 says it addressed ease of use but it appears no different on this issue. I switched to GarageBand from the Ableton Light DAW that came with the interface because I found that program too hard to learn. I’ve wasted a lot of time on this. Guess I have no choice but to go back to it because I don’t have money for another DAW.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 05, 2017
- Version: 10.2
- Size: 997 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2004-2017 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later