Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Rebuilt from the ground up with a fresh new look and amazing new features, GarageBand is the easiest way to create a great-sounding song on your Mac. Add realistic, impeccably produced and performed drum grooves to your song with Drummer. Easily shape the sound of any instrument in the Sound Library with Smart Controls. Crank up the bottom end with Bass Amp Designer, or mix and match electric guitar amps, cabinets, and pedals with Amp Designer and Pedalboard. Control GarageBand and play any software instrument wirelessly on your iPad using the Logic Remote app. Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects updated across multiple Mac computers, or even import GarageBand for iOS songs directly from iCloud.
• A fresh new look, designed for easy music making
• Stay in perfect tune with a larger, more responsive Tuner
• Find the sweet spot in every track with the all-new interactive visual EQ
• Enable Quick Help and get useful hints wherever you hover your cursor
• Add a virtual session drummer or beat producer to your song that takes direction and plays realistic beats
• Choose among 28 players from popular genres like EDM, Hip Hop, Rock, and Alternative
• Use a simple set of controls to shape your drummer’s performance
• Each player can perform over a million unique groove and fill combinations
All-new Sound Library
• Get inspired with a fresh new collection of sounds and instruments
• Explore new Apple Loops covering the latest electronic and urban genres
• Easily shape any sound in the library with a custom set of knobs, buttons, and sliders
• The look and personality of Smart Controls changes with each instrument
Amps and Stompboxes
• Use Bass Amp Designer to dial up classic and modern tones
• Build your own guitar rig with Amp Designer using 25 legendary amps and cabinets
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of 35 fun and creative stompbox effects
Record. Mix. Master. Share.
• Create a song with up to 255 tracks
• Quickly change the timing of an audio recording using Flex Time
• Use Groove Matching to align the rhythm and timing of all your tracks with a single click
• Choose your best performance with multi-take recording
• Create a ringtone, export to your iTunes library, or share directly to SoundCloud
• Use iCloud to keep your GarageBand projects up to date across your Mac computers
• Start a song anywhere on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then import it wirelessly to your Mac to take it even further
Works with Logic Remote for iPad
• Use your iPad and Multi-Touch gestures to wirelessly play any GarageBand instrument on your Mac
• Access Smart Controls on your iPad to shape any sound while you’re playing
• Navigate your song and browse the Sound Library from your iPad
Learn to Play
• Get started with 40 Basic Lessons for guitar and piano covering classical, blues, rock, and pop
• Artist Lessons show you how to play a hit song taught by the artist who made it famous*
• Play along with any GarageBand Lesson and use How Did I Play to get feedback on how accurately you played
* GarageBand Artist Lessons are sold separately and are available directly through the GarageBand Lesson Store in select countries.
What's New in Version 10.1.2
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
• Contains multiple enhancements to Accessibility
more like GarbageBand
can’t decide what I like more... The constant crashing that keeps me from being able to even open the music that I just spent six months working on, or the way when I try to open something from iCloud Drive, it tells me I need to turn on iCloud Drive, and then when I turn on iCloud Drive, it tells me I need to turn on iCloud Drive, so I go and check and make sure iCloud Drive is on, and do it again, and it tells me I need to turn on iCloud Drive, and I wonder if the programmers at Apple are all stoned, stupid, or both, that they can’t even get their own programs to talk to each other correctly...
Does well for the price/what it is
Overall, I’ve been very happy with GarageBand… been plugging it in through my Line 6 Amplifi for recording purposes for about a year now and it’s worked well. However, I’ve noticed that recorded instruments or sounds seem to experience a decrease in sound quality and fullness in playback and export. I don’t experience this with other audio apps on my Mac so I assume it’s a GarageBand issue, and it would be nice to see it fixed somehow.
I love the app! It’s easy to use and it provides a wide array of instruments! Ive had so much fun using it, I really did. I have a few requests though. I would like it if you added more Electronic, house, and dubstep sound, like in the mobile one. Also, more instruments, such as trumpets, saxophones,accordions, kalimbas, gongs, flutes, bagpipe,didgeridoo, voices, organs, and xylophones.
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 16, 2016
- Version: 10.1.2
- Size: 942 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2004-2016 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later
Top In-App Purchases
- Complete Set of ContentFree