Garden Plan Pro
By Growing Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
More at www.GardenPlanPro.com for full details. NEW: Lower Price!
Plan your perfect vegetable, herb and fruit garden on your iPad or iPhone with Garden Plan Pro – Your Garden in Your Hands. From the creators of the most successful online Garden Planner (GrowVeg.com) with over 250,000 users, Garden Plan Pro combines expert plant knowledge with simple-to use tools.
● FLEXIBLE GARDEN DESIGN - works with any shape of garden, raised beds, rows or containers
● VEGETABLES, HERBS AND FRUIT - add single plants, rows, blocks or SFG squares and instantly see how many plants fit. Easily rearrange them until you get the perfect layout.
● FULL GROWING INFORMATION for over 190 plants with thousands of varieties from popular suppliers pre-loaded (varieties currently available for US, Canada, UK, Ireland, EU and South Africa only. Please note that this app doesn't cater for ornamental flower gardening.)
● INTELLIGENT ADVICE– shows you how to rotate crops, plan succession planting and much more
● ADAPTS TO YOUR AREA – using our database of thousands of weather stations Garden Plan Pro will recommend the best planting and harvesting dates for your area
● PLANTING REMINDERS – includes a free online services that emails you twice a month with a personal list of what to plant from your plans and location
● BONUS CONTENT – includes articles that help you plan, start seeds, avoid pests and produce a bountiful harvest.
● PRIORITY SUPPORT – personal support by email to help you get the most from the app
● Garden objects such as sheds and greenhouses to add to your plans
● Journal and ‘to do’ functions to help you track and plan what is done in the garden
● Pest and disease database
● Much more...
What's New in Version 2.0.1
This update is recommended for all users and provides the following improvements;
● Garden Plan Pro should load faster.
● Plants should be easier to selection.
● A new "move" handle has been added to selected objects.
● The Square Foot Gardening mode button is now consistently available for iPhone users.
● The Plant List should no longer scroll to the top after reading a Grow Guide.
● A number of smaller bug fixes and stability improvements.
Wish I Hadn’t Updated
This is my second season with the app, and I have found it very useful. The update improved many things. However, I’m finding it difficult and in some cases impossible to select and move plants. I end up panning the page or it does nothing, to the point where it seems the app has crashed. A restart of the iPad and/or app doesn’t help. Very frustrated! It would have been nice to have had the app updated before people were in the throes of planning for the season.
UPDATE: Much improved after update 2.0.1. Moving things around is much easier. Upping 2 stars to 4.
UPDATE 2 because I spoke too soon. Trying to lengthen or widen a row is now impossible. It goes berserk and does nothing but flash.
Good but problems
This app is pretty good, has tons of veggies and information for planting and harvesting. My frustration is it's NON ease of use. It is hard to get going, the plants are not text labeled and very time I go from my plan to the home page, it crashes and I have to restart. On a good track, but needs work!
There are way better applications than this and cheaper
Plant database it's not for pro, try to find an spaguetti squash just to see there are only ( summer squash and winter squash ) what a joke
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: May 16, 2014
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 40.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Growing Interactive Limited
- © Growing Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.