Garden Tracker lets you size and plan your garden plots, plant your vegetables in up to 50x50 squares, and then track your garden’s progress, including days to harvest, days since watered, and days since last fertilized. All this info is conveniently referenced in a grid you design.
Garden Tracker was featured in the April 2013 issue of Wired magazine!
Also included in the Best Gardening Apps of a major national newspaper!
Read the recent glowing review by the NY Times!
See this video review on a national news site!
Now if you have a Dropbox account, you can upload and download your gardens to other devices or your Mac!
Garden Tracker supports up to 50x50 squares in a garden. Use two fingers to pan around the garden.
If you have any issues with this app please fill out the form on our website and we will get back to you ASAP.
There are plenty of features in this app, such as:
* Create a garden: Choose the number of rows and columns in your garden. The dimensions are up to you. Create and track as many gardens as you want!
* Fill in your garden grid by choosing from the available, pre-loaded vegetables.
* Track vital garden statistics including days to harvest, days since watered and days since fertilized. Logging watering and fertilizing dates is quick and easy.
* Take photos of your gardens so you can see how they change over time
* Garden Tracker comes pre-loaded with over 50 common vegetable/herbs and general planting information including spacing, water needs, ideal soil temperature, recommended planting season, and recommended planting depth. Any of this information can be edited.
* Fully customizable to your plants: add your own vegetable, herbs, or even flowers! Add an unlimited number of plants that you can then add to and track in your garden.
* Keep notes on your gardens, email garden details, log actual harvest date, and update your garden through the season.
* Handy reference tools useful for any gardener:
- Sunset/Sunrise calculator by your location and day.
- Lunar calendar for lunar cycle gardeners
- Garden Zone map with first and last frost dates for your USDA planting zone.
- Visual pest database with common pests and a focus on organic solutions to help tackle intruders in the field.
- support for Dropbox API v2
- bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Used to be my go - to app as well
Good for beginner square foot gardeners for planting and helping you to figure out what should go where. Some of the planting guides are just incorrect - two winter squash per square foot? Only if you don’t want a good yield!
However, when I used this app a few years ago, it provided better functionality than the current version. I still can’t find the ‘days to harvest’ for anything, despite the directions provided from the app folks in response to the previous post. In earlier versions, I found that the time to harvest wasn’t very accurate, but it helped remind me when to START expecting harvests. Now it’s not useful for anything but tracking when I water or fertilize. Don’t waste your time or money, you’d be better off keeping a written notebook.
It used to be 5 stars
This used to be my go to app for my vegetable garden, but they changed something with an update since last year. It's great to plan your garden, but it used to tell you how many days you had left until it was time to harvest. This was a huge help to beginner gardeners like myself. Since they took that away, I took away 2 stars.
Update- found where they have moved the the days until harvest. While it's not as easy as before it is now back to being my go to app and I've added the stars back.
Hi, Garden Tracker still tells you how many days left to harvest. If you have a smaller phone, it won't appear unless you scroll down after tapping the "Days Since" button. It is below the "Days Since Treated" option. Please contact our support and we can send you screenshots if you still cannot find it.
Terrific Garden Tool
Can't believe most of the negative reviews, there was really only one issue in that the great update had a side effect of wiping the garden databases people had created. But the app is perfect for gardening where you are likely to have the phone with you to record info. If you don't see your plant variety, add it or duplicate an existing variety. Add your own pictures. You can have as many gardens as you want, split a large garden up into North, South and Central in the app for example. Created a garden plot in the app for your potted plants for another example. Keep notes on each garden and each square and each plant variety. Create a separate garden plot for companion planting that overlays another one. Don't use square foot gardening?Just use the rows and use your own measurement for the plots. There is now a link in the app to a manual now. There is misc. info scattered in the app on compost, insect pests, planting zones, etc. The top gardening app for the iPhone. Can't believe all the info and usefulness for the low price.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.