By Portable Databases
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Garden Tracker lets you size and plan your garden plots, plant your vegetables, and then track your garden’s progress, including days to harvest, days since watered, and days since last fertilized. All this info is conveniently referenced in a grid you design.
Garden Tracker (iOS version) was featured in the April 2013 issue of Wired magazine!
Also included in the Best Gardening Apps of a major national newspaper!
Read the recent glowing review by the NY Times!
See this video review on a national news site!
To plant your vegetables, click and drag on the squares in your garden grid, then select one of the vegetables in the popup, and then click on the "Plant Seed" or "Plant Seedling" buttons.
To add plants, click the "Window" menu and then "Plants". Then either click the + button in the lower left of that window, or duplicate a plant using the gear button. The pre-loaded plants can be used as templates for all the different varieties that exist. If you have an issue, please contact us on the support page of our website, or see the online help.
Now you can upload and download your gardens to Dropbox, and then download them on to your iPhone or iPad! This requires a Dropbox account and version 2.0 or above of the Garden Tracker for your devices.
* Create a garden: Choose the number of rows and columns in your garden, up to 50x50. Create and track as many gardens as you want!
* Fill in your garden grid by choosing from the available, pre-loaded vegetables.
* Track vital garden statistics including days to harvest, days since watered and days since fertilized. Logging watering and fertilizing dates is quick and easy.
* Garden Tracker comes pre-loaded with over 50 common vegetable/herbs and general planting information including spacing, water needs, ideal soil temperature, recommended planting season, and recommended planting depth. Any of this information can be edited.
* Fully customizable to your plants: add your own vegetable, herbs, or even flowers! Add an unlimited number of plants that you can then add to and track in your garden.
* Keep notes on your gardens, log actual harvest date, and update your garden through the season.
* Handy reference tools useful for any gardener:
- Garden Zone map with first and last frost dates for your USDA planting zone.
- Visual pest database with common pests and a focus on organic solutions to help tackle intruders in the field.
What's New in Version 3.0
NOTE: This is a major release. If you have critical gardens, you must back them up using Time Machine before updating this app!
- Print your gardens!
- Water, fertilize, treat or harvest all squares in selected gardens by right-clicking on the gardens
- Resizeable Plants and Pests windows
- Upload or download your gardens from Dropbox using the File menu
- Canadian and Australian hardiness zones can be selected from any locale
- bug fixes
* The exporting of gardens and Dropbox upload and download have been moved to the File menu.
* Some of the dialog buttons have been reordered for more consistency. Please read the buttons before clicking them.