By Hutchinson Software Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The vegetable garden calendar to keep your garden growing - it lists the vegetables and herbs you can plant right now. Record your planting information and keep it synchronized with all the other smartphones in your family.
• Full of information on more than 90 of the most popular edible garden plants.
• Region and climate-zone specific planting calendars for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, the UK, and the USA.
• A month-by-month calendar of what and how to plant. Add your own plants and they show up in the calendar too!
• Record your plantings and use your own planting calendar to plan ahead with detailed notes.
• Add photos to any plants and your notes.
• Plant lists for planning your garden.
• Share your garden with other phones and tablets.
• Hints and tips through the community at gardenate.com
Has the information you need to "grow your own" and enjoy your successful vegetable garden.
All information is in the app and it doesn't require an internet connection for use.
iPad users will probably prefer GardenateHD which is designed especially for iPad.
What's New in Version 7.9
Fix for plant information text displaying too large in iOS8.1
Easy to use but….
Very simple and easy to use though the planting suggestion based on Zones for me being 5b central Colorado are so far off. For example telling me to transplant seedling into the garden. The typical last frost is not until May 30th 7-8 weeks from now. Soil temps are below 50F right now. So adding plants they show up as planted when they are actually just seeds being started and no way to override. Ap needs some serious work.
I've been looking everywhere for a good garden planning app for beginners, and this is by far the best I've found for telling you when to plant what, according to your zone. Lots of other helpful tips, too...