GardenGuide of the Chicago Botanic Garden
By Chicago Botanic Garden
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
When your question is: “How do I find…”
Your answer is: The Garden Guide
Packed with information about the Chicago Botanic Garden, our app is the perfect companion as you navigate, discover, learn about, and explore all 385 acres, 26 gardens, 4 natural areas, and our outstanding collection of 2.6 million plants.
Get to know the Garden with the help of our Walking Tours and Audio Guides. Or, be your own guide--set out on your own and pin your favorite places. Discover what’s in bloom year round and locate any plant on the grounds by its name, color, or characteristics.
Think of it as your personal garden docent--whether you’re visiting the Garden grounds or working in your own backyard.
What's New in Version 2.0.0
More Ways to Search
- Combine colors and characteristics to find plants using our new advanced plant search.
- Locate any building, sculpture, or feature on the grounds—great for classes and self-guided field trips.
- Dig deep into the specifics of any of the 2.6 million plants on the grounds. Call up fantastic, high-resolution photography, plant descriptions, and gardening details.
- Find any plant on the grounds by common, scientific, or trade name.
New Ways to Customize
- Pin your favorite places, and mark your parking space to find your car instantly.
- Personalize your home screen to quickly view what matters most to you.
- Watch the app come alive and take on the colors of the Garden as you explore it.
Listen, Learn, & Share
- Learn more about your favorite gardens with our audio guides and walking tours.
- See what’s in bloom and where to find it.
- Press and hold on any thumbnail to quickly open a full screen carousel of images.
- Share your favorite plants and places with family and friends via Facebook and e-mail.
Fairchild Room is now the Pullman Room.
Good information. A big improvement over the previous version; however there is a mention of the Fairchild Room which is now the Pullman Room in the Classrooms list.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 22, 2016
- Version: 2.0.0
- Size: 75.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Chicago Horticultural Society
- © 2016 Chicago Botanic Garden
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.