GardenMinder by Gardener's Supply Company
By Green Mountain Digital
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Plan your raised bed gardens this year with GardenMinder! Download this FREE app and receive $10 off a $20 purchase at Gardener's Supply when you register your app!
GardenMinder brings everything you need to start planting a vegetable garden to your fingertips. With built in reminders and how to's, GardenMinder is sure to help you bring in your biggest harvest yet!
The GardenMinder garden planning tool currently supports the continental US only.
"Even if you don't have the greenest of thumbs, GardenMinder app can ensure that you'll reap lush and beautiful results..."
- Betsy Mead - The Daily (3/24/12)
• Visual Garden Planning Tool designed specifically for raised beds! Start with our preplanned gardens or create your own.
• Automatic Weekly Alerts! Our weekly reminders are tailored to only the crops you grow and based on the frost dates for your location in the United States. GardenMinder uses push notifications to alert you of upcoming gardening activities so you will never fall behind again!
• How to's at your fingertips! No more wading through reference books. GardenMinder includes an extensive list of professionally written step-by-step how to's. Each reminder links to the relevant how to's so you'll know what to do and how to do it.
• Your own mobile journal for each of your raised bed gardens. Capture notes, pictures and more in a garden journal for each one of your gardens.
• GardenMinder automatically syncs your gardens, reminders, and journal entries so all your devices are in sync, all the time.
• Have a specific gardening question you can't figure out? Use the "Ask a Gardener" feature and receive advice from the expert gardeners at Gardener's Supply Company!
• Share your garden's progress on Facebook or by email!
About the Developer:
Green Mountain Digital, the world's largest publisher of digital field guides, collectively generating over 1 million downloads; over 100 App Store promotions; and numerous awards. It was founded in 2009 in Woodstock, VT. The company has designed and published more than 75 mobile apps across multiple platforms, including Audubon Birds of North America, Orvis Fly Fishing: The Ultimate Guide, GardenMinder, Sailing World: Knots and Splices, FishBlue, and NatureTap. GMD is the creator of NatureShare, an innovative social platform that allows users to collect wildlife sightings and outdoor experiences and share them with others.
What's New in Version 2.0
- New print and sharing features! Now you can print and share your whole raised bed garden complete with planting instructions.
- Easily duplicate and replant beds for use season after season.
- Add custom vegetable names!
-- Turn reminders on/off for custom vegetables
- Access Gardener's Supply blog and Facebook without ever leaving the app.
Very useful, needs updates
I'm enjoying using the app to record photos and journal my garden. The reminders are helpful but could use some updating since there's a range of times per location for planting. E.g. Not everyone plants their garden on the same day.
Additional updates are needed to add common herbs and flowers used in vegetable and herb gardens. Some that come to mind are sunflowers, marigolds, nasturtium, summer savory, and lavender. I'm sure there's more but those are the ones I've thought of since I downloaded the app last month.
Registration fails, data doesn't save
I loved the idea and concept of this app, but registration failed and poor error handling didn't indicate that. There was no error message indicating this, but only something saying, 'failed'. That's a programming 101 failure. Therefore, I lost a ton of time configuring gardens, only to not be able to access them again.
Stay away until this defect is fixed. It's just a waste of time. I may come back if quality improves, otherwise, they've lost more than a digital app user, but a product customer.
Has potential, could be so much more
Garden size is much too small, I have to create multiple gardens just to fit the actual size I have. Lack of plants (lavender is pretty common). If I don't sync with "the iCloud" it will not save my garden. But if I do sync, it takes an average of 8 1/2 minutes to load my gardens. This app could be so much more, please continue support and development. The foundation is there for a terrific gardening app unlike any others in the App Store!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Apr 26, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 49.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Green Mountain Digital LLC
- © Green Mountain Digital LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.