This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The free all-in-one ActiveCaptain™ app provides a powerful connection to your Garmin chartplotter, charts, maps and the community for the ultimate connected boating experience. Wherever you are, you’ll have unlimited access to your cartography, be able to purchase new maps and charts, and have access to the Garmin Quickdraw™ Contours Community. Connect to the ActiveCaptain community for up-to-date feedback on marinas and other points of interest. Smart notifications¹ on your chartplotter screen keep you connected with everyone else. Plan a trip or pre-fish a lake, and ActiveCaptain will automatically sync with your chartplotter. Even view and control your chartplotter from your smartphone or tablet while you’re on the water.
- OneChart™ lets you access all your charts and maps from your mobile device and purchase new ones
- Receive smart notifications¹, such as calls and texts, on your chartplotter display when paired with the app
- Connect to fellow boaters with the ActiveCaptain community for up-to-date feedback on marinas and other points of interest
- Make, save and transfer routes and waypoints between the app and chartplotter
- Easily upload and download the latest Garmin Quickdraw Contours content from the community
- Download software updates and notifications from the app to your Garmin devices
- View and control your chartplotter from your smartphone or tablet
¹See compatibility matrix - https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/573254#devices
What's New in Version 10.2
Going to Navico and Navionics
I bought my first boat last summer, it came with no electronics, so I started by using the bluechart app for my navigation. I have it in my iPhone and GPS enabled iPad. The only feature it’s missing is being able to tilt the whole UI to landscape. As I was patiently waiting for this (rather obvious) update, I noticed the app was no longer available in the App Store.
Cue this piece of garbage that doesn’t even allow me to take the maps I PAID for in the old app and move it to this one. I emailed their customer support who simply told me I could continue using their old app as long as I wanted... way to support a customer who has invested in your platform.
It’s like they want everyone to move to a different platform. Good riddance Garmin, I’ll be sure to let everyone I know how well you treat your customers.
Don’t bother unless you’re all Garmin all the time.
I don’t have Garmin electronics on board, and just wanted to use this app to access very useful, crowd sourced Active Captain data. Looks like Garmin is going to try to monetize that tater and require you have their hardware to access it. Even with the proper data settings, I can’t get any data to download to my phone or iPad. Why am I not surprised that Garmin has jacked this all up. Now that I’ve seen a demonstration of their capabilities, I will certainly never put Garmin electronics on my boat.
Bottom line, this app is useless unless maybe you’re trying to integrate with Garmin. I wish I could give it zero stars.
Garmin has lots of work to do
Have been using the BlueChart app for years and loved it. Mind you, I have an all Garmin helm. Thought this would be a really great blend of Active Captain and Garmin, but what a disaster! Thankful I still have BlueChart.
Putting aside the fact that you can not add any content, there is a lack of important detail available, such as bridge heights.
I have been a huge Garmin fan but this is a major mess that they need to rectify quickly!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 23, 2017
- Version: 10.2
- Size: 112 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Garmin International
- © 2017 Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- BlueChart + LakeVu HD Map$54.99
- HXUS604X - Download$219.99
- US+Great Lakes Detail Map$54.99
- YUS300P - Download$54.99
- U.S. LakeVü Detail Map$30.99
- VUS009R - Download$349.99
- U.S. LakeVü HD$149.99
- U.S. LakeVü HD Ultra$199.99
- Fishing Hot Spots® Pro for Garmin$49.99
- HXUS604X - Download$119.99