Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Garmin® BaseCamp® provides an interface for viewing Garmin map products and managing geographic data. With BaseCamp, you can perform the following tasks:
• Transfer data to and from your Garmin device.
• Plan multi-day trips using Yelp® and your map data
• Create, view, edit, and organize waypoints, routes, and tracks.
• Find places, such as addresses, points of interest, and public land survey areas included in your detailed map data.
• View map data in 2D and 3D.
• View topographical information included in your detailed map data.
• Geotag photos with geographical location information.
• Print detailed topographical maps, PLS quads, and multi-page poster maps.
• Download and view BirdsEye™ satellite imagery and topographic raster maps.
• Import and view Garmin Custom Maps.
• Create, share and download Garmin Adventures (http://adventures.garmin.com)
What's New in Version 4.6.3
Fixed crash when zooming into raster maps.
Fixed crash when loading a track with sporadic elevation data.
Won’t load routes to zumo 660 or 665
I’ve used BaseCamp ever since it came out for the Mac, and I’ve usually been pretty happy with it. But this BaseCamp update combined with the system software update on the Garmin zumo 660 & 665 motorcycle GPS systems no longer works. I reported this to Garmin, and they confirmed in a letter:
“Due to product testing that has occurred it has been determined that the [sic] BaseCamp is not compatible with transferring created routes to either a Zumo 660 or 665. This is likely [due to] the latest software update which was released in 2014. The best option at this point would be to either go back to using RoadTrip on your Mac, or to download Garmin MapSource on a Windows based PC.”
No mention of whether they plan to fix this or not.
Old interface, but it works for me
I have used different versions of the application over the last 8 years. The interface is not as intuitive as many would expect today, but it does work - for me at least. I use it to preload waypoints for driving trips (hotels etc). I also use it to back up, and edit as necessary, waypoints for my handheld GPS that I use for hiking / hunting trips.
A stain on the Garmin brand!
Multiple crashes, poor performance, poor design, bugs galore, ancient UI: it’s as if Garmin’s Mac software is coming straight from 1995 through some temporal anomaly.
It’s as if the executives are thinking “Who needs quality when we have the market cornered?" Sure, folks: that strategy worked great for Microsoft. Until Apple came along, that is. You only exist because your Apple (whoever that may be) has not entered the market yet.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Mar 30, 2016
- Version: 4.6.3
- Size: 63.9 MB
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Garmin International
- Copyright © 2016 Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later