This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Garmin Connect™ is your one-stop source for health and fitness data. Whether you’re training for a race or tracking steps, it provides the information and inspiration you need to beat yesterday.
Once paired with a compatible(1) Garmin device, activity tracking is just the beginning of what Garmin Connect™ can do for you. You can create new workouts, build courses and even challenge your friends to compete, all within the app.
Garmin Connect™ is packed with useful features, including the ability to:
- View today’s health data in vivid detail on your personalized My Day page.
- Analyze your activities and their related statistics.(2)
- Create customized workouts and courses.
- Sync with other apps like MyFitnessPal and Strava.
- Review personal records for steps, distance and pace.
- Earn badges for accomplishments.
- See how you measure up to other Connect users with Insights.
- Get support for Garmin devices and their features.
Are you ready to join millions of users who walk, run, bike, hike and strive to beat yesterday? Learn more about Garmin devices and how they work with the Garmin Connect™ app at Garmin.com.
(1) See compatible devices at Garmin.com/BLE
(2) Activity tracking accuracy: Garmin.com/en-US/legal/atdisclaimer
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.1.4
Garmin Connect is constantly working to improve your experience and help you beat yesterday. We release new features and app updates every month.
Sleep tracking needs some tweaks
Garmin devs, please fix your awake algorithm!
One of the main reasons I chose a VivoActive 3 over other smart watches was the sleep tracking. However, Garmin’s is largely inaccurate compared to my old Pebble. Garmin has a hard time telling when I wake up. The detail graph can even have several “awake” bars at the end, but it sets the official wake up time for much later. If it knows I’m awake, why doesn’t it just end my sleep record there? It’s very frustrating. They do have the ability to manually edit the wake time, but that’s too much of a hassle to do daily. Also, you can’t scrub the graph and see exactly what time the movement (wakefulness) actually started.
Furthermore, the app has a hard time staying connected to my phone sometimes. Other smartwatch apps sync in the background, so when you open the app, all the details are there. Garmin takes a good 30+ seconds to sync the data, so there’s no quick way to see my sleep history (nor on my watch), and even if there was, it would be inaccurate
4.1.4 update alarm fix
Ok; now with the 4.1.4 update; the alarms can be set on the app and they sync with the fenix 5. But this now requires you to use only the app (or your computer with Garmin connect) to set the alarms. If you set the alarms on the watch itself; as soon as it syncs with the app, they are erased. Also, when setting alarms on the app, the backlight is not on by default as it is when you set an alarm on the watch itself. So if you want that on; you have to set the alarm on the app, sync the watch so they transfer, and then go into the alarm settings in the watch and switch on the backlight for each alarm.
Does it really need to be this difficult to use my $700 watch to wake me up in the morning???
Love it except one thing.....
Works well with my Garmin Fenix 3 HR and I absolutely love the watch. HOWEVER, since the latest update my weather won’t sync with my connect app. It just says “Waiting For Data”. I’ve shut down both the phone and the watch with no success. I’m using an iPhone 6S on the latest iOS and Connect version. The watch faces are great as well as the options in the app though. Syncing with STRAVA and My Fitness Pal is a plus as well.
EDIT: Just after I posted the review the latest update came out and the issue with the weather is no longer an issue.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 04, 2017
- Version: 4.1.4
- Size: 415 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Garmin International
- © 2012-2016 Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.