Garmin GTN Trainer
By Garmin DCI
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Garmin GTN 650 / 750 Trainer allows you to experience the pilot interface and provides an on-the-ground environment to learn the basic operation of the avionics. Train Like It's the Real Thing!
The GTN 650 / 750 Trainer includes:
• Simulated touch and drag interface – allows you to interact with the system, graphically edit flight plans and much more
• Garmin SafeTaxi – allows you to view detailed airport information on the moving map
• Garmin FliteCharts – allows you to view published approach charts
• High resolution worldwide terrain maps and aviation databases
• High resolution obstacle databases including powerline alerting
• Simulated interfaces and data including:
Garmin GDL 88 ADS-B and TCAS Traffic with TargetTrend™ Relative Motion
Garmin GDL 88 FIS-B Weather
Garmin GDL 69 with SiriusXM Weather
Garmin GWX 70 Weather Radar
L-3 Avionics WX-500 Stormscope Lightning Detection
Garmin GMA Series Audio Panel Control
Garmin GTX Series Mode S Transponder Simulation
* Notes: The GTN 650 / 750 Trainer runs on Apple iPad 2 and newer. Supports 32 and 64-Bit Devices.
* This app contains simulated data and does not receive data from or interact with real Garmin avionics. This app should not be used for actual navigation purposes.
* To switch between 650 and 750, go into your iPad Settings -> GTN Trainer.
What's New in Version 6.0.3
· Adds support for Garmin Navigation Database (North America) as new default. Jeppesen Worldwide database still available from the Trainer settings menu.
· Provides “Show Touches” setting to enhance presentations on a separate display.
Perfect training tool
Works exactly like the real box. Great trainer for those new to the GTN boxes.
How can I get this to start at my home airport?
Does anyone know how to get this thing to start off at my home airport instead of KSLE, which is out in Oregon and therefore is irrelevant and immaterial?
Need one for the 430
Please make one for the GNS430 WAAS. I have your cd but it will not load onto my computer. I would love to have this for the 430. I watched the YouTube video but I would like to do it on my iPad vs. in the plane wasting my batt. Or burning fuel.