Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Garmin HomePort provides an interface for viewing Garmin marine chart products and managing geographic and nautical data. With HomePort, you can:
• View marine chart products pre-loaded on your GPS device, including BlueChart, BlueChart g2, and BlueChart g2 Vision chart products.
• Transfer waypoints, routes, and tracks to and from your GPS device or your SD card.
• Create, view, and edit marine waypoints, routes, and tracks.
• Organize saved waypoints, routes, and tracks.
• Find items, such as marine points of interest and navigation aids, included in your detailed chart data.
• View chart data as a navigational chart or as a fishing chart on supported chart products.
• View tide stations, current stations, and water-depth information included in your detailed chart data.
**** Now Free ****
What's New in Version 2.2.7
Fixed issue with rendering LakeVu HD Ultra maps.
• Fixed crash when reading SD cards containing multiple maps with same map family.
• Fixed bug where exposed wrecks were shown as depth not height.
• Fixed bug with playing back sonar recording copied into My Collection.
• Fixed bug with not rendering Birdseye images.
• Fixed crash when dragging list on to device ADM file.
Great for route planning with my Garmin 76csx
I have not used all the options to date, but what I can say is this. I now have a Apple MacBook Pro lap top. I can plan routes lighting fast, it integrates with Active Captain, it connects to my 76csx hand held garmin very fast, much much better that with my old PC with Garmin Map source program . Its very easy to move and change waypoints, you can print routes, save tracks, input boat info to give you fuel estimates. My only complaint so far has been that when you are planning routes and your route moves off the visible screen the screen does not move as you slide your arrow up or down the screen, you have to go back to the hand option move the chart then go back to the waypoint tool. Graphis great. You do need a garmin blue chart SD or Micro SD to transfer the chart data to the program which I had anyway for my 76csx but it works easily and seemlessly for me. The real key is to have your blue chart card ready, open program and plug in your card, wait a few seconds and look to the upper right of the screen a box will appear to let you know it has been read, from here your charts should open right up. If you have a MacBook this is a great program for you. If you use a laptop, im not sure about tablets or iPhone this is a great program, enjoy!