The Garmin Impact™ app interfaces with the Impact bat swing sensor and allows you to:
- View five swing metrics in real time after each swing
- Replay animated, color-coded, 3-D representations of your swings
- Receive detailed coaching tips and drills developed in collaboration with professional hitting coaches
- Customize profiles for multiple players and different bats
- Compare your performance to previous swings and to ideal numbers based on age, sport (baseball or softball), and skill level
Simply connect your device, set up a profile, and you are ready to swing. The app shows more in-depth swing data than what is available on the Impact sensor. It gives coaches and players a much better understanding of individual swing dynamics, so players can improve their hitting faster.
After every swing, you can instantly see key swing metrics, including bat speed, hand speed, time to impact, elevation angle and attack angle on the connected device. After every three swings, coaching tips and drills — developed by professional hitting coaches and tailored to your player profile — are offered to help you make adjustments and improve your swing.
While the batter remains in position at the plate, someone outside the batting area can analyze the information provided and recommend swing adjustments. The app shows an animated 3-D graphical representation of the bat path and provides information about the bat speed throughout the swing by using green (slow) to red (fast) color coding. This allows hitters and coaches to review each swing from any angle and analyze the metrics to help improve the player’s swing.
The app also allows you to capture video of swings taken with a smartphone or tablet, which coaches and players can then analyze along with the hitter’s swing metrics. This helps hitters visualize and understand how their swings and the swing metrics match up.
Coaches can organize swing data with the Impact app for multiple players by creating profiles for each player that include age, baseball or softball and skill level, and then the app will determine swing metrics for comparison. The coach can create an avatar for each player with uniform name, number, color, even bat type and length.
To purchase the Impact sensor, visit: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/579018
Video product overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7cPXHC7ikM
- Updated UI theme, added 3D view swing graph overlay and video screenshot sharing.
Ratings and Reviews
Just got back from taking my son to the cages using this product and app.
This is amazing tech!
For each swing he made, I could call out his bat speed and attack angle and he could make adjustments real-time.
After he got done, we went through each swing to review stats, coaching tips, a video clip of the swing, and a 3-d view of the bat path.
I am really impressed.
Helpful, but app keeps crashing
When functioning, the app is very helpful. However, it literally crashes every few minutes, which renders it virtually unusable.
- Garmin International
- 101.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2017 Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.