Garmin N. America
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download Garmin StreetPilot® Onboard North America and give your iPhone® or iPad® the best in GPS navigation with photoReal junction views, 3D buildings, speed/red light camera alerts and more.
Garmin StreetPilot North America is packed full of great navigation features from Garmin, the world leader in GPS navigation. The app is the first iPhone navigation app to include Garmin’s exclusive photoReal images of complex junctions to help you navigate with confidence. It also includes rich mapping with detailed 3D buildings and landmarks, lane guidance, speed/red light camera alerts and many other advanced features, while remaining simple and easy to use.
Optional in-app purchases include integrated real-time traffic updates, photoLive traffic cameras and fuel pricing.
• Industry-leading Garmin user interface
• Voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions including spoken street names
• Millions of preloaded points of interest including gas stations, restaurants and other businesses
• Integrated Google™ Local Search
• Maps for the U.S.A., Canada and Mexico installed on your device, so wireless coverage is not required to navigate
• 3D buildings and landmarks
• Lane assist with photoReal junction view provides a photo-realistic illustration of the correct lane for different maneuvers
• Integrated red light and speed camera database including community-generated alerts (U.S. & Canada)
• Speed limits for most major roads with the capability to report speed limit changes or errors
• Where Am I? emergency locator shows your exact latitude and longitude, the nearest address and intersection, and the closest hospitals, police stations and gas stations
• Exit services allow you to quickly see services such as restaurants, gas stations and lodging available at exits along your route
• Trip planner allows you to create a route with multiple stops in advance with automatic or manual ordering of destinations
• Address book integration so you can easily navigate to contacts
• Trip computer includes a compass heading and bearing indicator, resettable odometer and trip statistics such as arrival distance, next turn time and average moving speed
• Trip log enables an electronic breadcrumb trail that shows you where you’ve been
• Weather feature shows current conditions and a 5-day forecast
• Location sharing via Facebook or SMS
Garmin StreetPilot has been designed to run on iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS, and it works on GPS-enabled iPads as well.
Map coverage- Garmin StreetPilot North America
United States, Canada, Mexico, Plus Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, The Bahamas, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saint Barthélemy, and Jamaica
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.11.2
We have further improved the stability of the app. Enjoy your drive!
Safe Mode and Map Updates
Just downloaded the newest map updates. Disappointed after reporting my home street at least twice that it is still wrong. Others have corrected. Google, Apple and Bing maps all report it correctly now but not Garmin. It is sad since the street is over 10 years old.
Hopefully you will fix the issue of turning off safe mode after reading the CYA disclaimer; you still can't put in a location unless you are standing still which I find very inconvenient and very distracting and aggravating. This is true even if a passenger is trying to put in a destination or to go to something like nearby gas station or even the home button. Why give you an option to turn off safe mode but it will never turn off. It is frustrating that you can go to options and turn it off but it will still ask you if you want to turn off safe mode. Bad programming or a company that doesn't care about their customers more than protect themselves. Very frustrating!
I agree with a few of the other users about the fact that up until the last two or three updates, getting other vehicle icons were easy to get. BUT........ now can't even download other vehicle icons to personalize the vehicle icon as it is guiding us. I like the basic, but I would like to use different icons whether I am driving an actual ambulance or emergency vehicle or for the holidays.
When I updated the application on IOS 10, it would not run. I uninstalled, reinstalled it application, and reinstalled the maps. Now, the application runs, but it frequently crashes. It is not usable.
When I attempt to set my home location, the app seems to accept the change, but the home location is not modified; when I click on the go home icon, it continually asks me to enter a home location. Very disappointing.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jan 19, 2017
- Version: 2.11.2
- Size: 246 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Garmin International
- © Garmin International, Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Panorama View 3D$9.99
- photoLive Traffic Cameras $5.99
- Urban Guidance$4.99
- Vehicle Display Integration$49.99