The Garmin G500 TXi, G600 TXi and TXi EIS Trainer provides an on-the-ground environment to experience these products virtually anywhere you can take an iPad. Easily familiarize yourself with these flight displays and engine information systems prior to flying behind them.
The Trainer includes:
- Simulated touch and bezel interface – interact with the primary flight and multi-function displays, become familiarized with the new HSI Map one-touch zoom gesture, full-
and split-screen PFD/MFD modes, on-screen autopilot controls, and much more
- TXi EIS (Engine Instrumentation System) – demonstrates common engine gauge layouts and multi-engine prop sync
- Selection between 10", 7" Portrait, and 7" Landscape configurations for multiple aircraft types - explore the broad range of options available in the TXi series
- Garmin North America and Jeppesen Worldwide/Americas aviation databases are available – go to Settings > More to select the database used.
- Garmin SafeTaxi and FliteCharts – view detailed airport information and published approach charts on the moving map
- High resolution worldwide terrain and obstacle databases, including powerline alerting
- Simulated system information for:
- ADS-B and TCAS Traffic with TargetTrend™ Relative Motion
- FIS-B and SiriusXM Weather
- Garmin GWX 75 Weather Radar
- Stormscope Lightning Detection
* Note: The Trainer is currently only supported on iPads with an A7 Chip or newer, including iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, and later.
* This app contains simulated data and does not receive data from or interact with real Garmin avionics. Content may differ slightly from actual hardware for demonstration purposes or be out-of-date with respect to the latest airborne software and database cycles. This app should not be used for navigation purposes.
* Some functionality that requires a navigator or other products, e.g., flight plans from GTN, may be unavailable in this standalone Trainer.
* Visit Garmin's web site for additional GTN/TXi Trainer options, TXi flight familiarization and tutorial videos, and to explore our fully-featured training programs.
Minor bug fixes and usability improvements for 2.20-based software.
Ratings and Reviews
Integration needed to make this useful
Even more so than the GTN trainer, this app suffers from the fact that it can’t integrate with anything. And just like the GTN trainer, the “flight simulation” is sorely lacking, except even more so since the TXi doesn’t have the ability to program flight plans.
To make this useful, it needs to be able to integrate with at least a flight simulator like X-Plane for position information. We know Garmin can do this, as the Garmin Pilot app has this exact functionality and it makes it a tremendous training tool. Beyond that, it would be tremendous if we could link two iPads together, one running the GTN trainer and the other running the TXi to learn how they work together.
This app lacks integration and therefore is an interesting technical demonstration of the TXi but offers very little in the way of being able to try out the flight deck before buying it.
If it’s a question of price, I’m sure many pilots (myself included) would gladly pay for an in-app purchase in order to enable this functionality.
Come on Garmin, we know you can do better. You could make this a truly great training and sales tool with code that you already have in another product.
Great app, now just need the TXi for my airplane!
I'm hoping Garmin is working on an update that will allow two iPads connected somehow over or Bluetooth...so we can run GTN trainer on one iPad and TXi trainer on the other and have them work together like in the airplane. Now that would be awesome training.
- Digital Cyclone
- 2.3 GB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2018 Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.