Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download Garmin StreetPilot® Onboard U.S.A. and give your iPhone® or iPad® the best in GPS navigation with photoReal junction views, 3D buildings, speed/red light camera alerts and more.
Garmin StreetPilot U.S.A. is packed full of great navigation features from Garmin, the world leader in GPS navigation. The app is the first iPhone navigation app to include Garmin’s exclusive photoReal images of complex junctions to help you navigate with confidence. It also includes rich mapping with detailed 3D buildings and landmarks, lane guidance, speed/red light camera alerts and many other advanced features, while remaining simple and easy to use.
Optional in-app purchases include integrated real-time traffic updates, photoLive traffic cameras and fuel pricing.
• Industry-leading Garmin user interface
• Voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions including spoken street names
• Millions of preloaded points of interest including gas stations, restaurants and other businesses
• Integrated Google™ Local Search
• Maps for the United States (lower 49 states) installed on your device, so wireless coverage is not required to navigate
• 3D buildings and landmarks
• Lane assist with photoReal junction view provides a photo-realistic illustration of the correct lane for different maneuvers
• Integrated red light and speed camera database including community-generated alerts
• Speed limits for most major roads with the capability to report speed limit changes or errors
• Where Am I? emergency locator shows your exact latitude and longitude, the nearest address and intersection, and the closest hospitals, police stations and gas stations
• Exit services allow you to quickly see services such as restaurants, gas stations and lodging available at exits along your route
• Trip planner allows you to create a route with multiple stops in advance with automatic or manual ordering of destinations
• Address book integration so you can easily navigate to contacts
• Trip computer includes a compass heading and bearing indicator, resettable odometer and trip statistics such as arrival distance, next turn time and average moving speed
• Trip log enables an electronic breadcrumb trail that shows you where you’ve been
• Weather feature shows current conditions and a 5-day forecast
• Location sharing via Facebook or SMS
Garmin StreetPilot has been designed to run on iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS, and it works on GPS-enabled iPads as well.
Map coverage- Garmin StreetPilot U.S.A. (Lower 49 States)
United States (excluding Alaska), Plus Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, The Bahamas, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saint Barthélemy
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.7
- Enhanced Urban Guidance functionality: We expanded the coverage of our public transport navigation to more cities and metropolitan areas. In addition to that you have now the choice of up to three different routing alternatives.
- Latest map data
- Various stability improvements and bug fixes.
Excellent but some suggestions
Excellent app but don't waste your money on the urban guidance option. I still can't get it to work in Washington, D.C. However the overall app is excellent. Two suggestions however for long trips. Get a car power cord since this wears down your batteries pretty quickly and consider getting an audio cord that runs from your earphone insert on your iPhone to your car's audio system. This will allow you to listen to your music on your iPhone but it allows garmin to give you voice directions clearly, the music fades when a direction comes up and then flips back on after the directions are given. Also the directions are much clearer since they are coming through your car speaker system and you can control the volume level.
I was a little concerned that this wouldn't be as good as the Garmin units, but much to my surprise it is just as good! I am running this on an iPhone 5 (AT&T) and iOS 7.0.4 and I find the maps and directions, including the spoken alerts to be identical to my Nuvi unit. The fact that it's on the iPhone and can take advantage of iCloud and contacts as well as search capabilities makes this a great alternative to the Garmin units. I do not regret this purchase at all!
How Do I Get My Money Back?
Not Garmin quality, pure and simple. The absolute worst GPS app I've seen at five times the price. Purchased to use with HUD, which works fine, but I'm going to return the HUD because this app is horrible.
All of the directions occurred long after the turn took place! Seems to me that whoever developed this app never used it. If they had, they purchased the competition!
Additional problems include a user interface which is anything but user friendly. Poor "help" further compounds the poor design of this app.
The total package, including the HUD, was $180! Can find many, many apps that works ten times better at one-tenth the price.
My biggest disappointment ever as a purchased app!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Dec 11, 2013
- Version: 2.7
- Size: 125 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Garmin International
- © Garmin International, Inc. 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- photoLive Traffic Cameras $5.99
- Panorama View 3D$9.99
- Vehicle Display Integration$49.99
- Urban Guidance$4.99