Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download Garmin StreetPilot® Onboard U.S.A. and give your iPhone® or iPad® the best in GPS navigation with photoReal junction views, 3D buildings, speed/red light camera alerts and more.
Garmin StreetPilot U.S.A. is packed full of great navigation features from Garmin, the world leader in GPS navigation. The app is the first iPhone navigation app to include Garmin’s exclusive photoReal images of complex junctions to help you navigate with confidence. It also includes rich mapping with detailed 3D buildings and landmarks, lane guidance, speed/red light camera alerts and many other advanced features, while remaining simple and easy to use.
Optional in-app purchases include integrated real-time traffic updates, photoLive traffic cameras and fuel pricing.
• Industry-leading Garmin user interface
• Voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions including spoken street names
• Millions of preloaded points of interest including gas stations, restaurants and other businesses
• Integrated Google™ Local Search
• Maps for the United States (lower 49 states) installed on your device, so wireless coverage is not required to navigate
• 3D buildings and landmarks
• Lane assist with photoReal junction view provides a photo-realistic illustration of the correct lane for different maneuvers
• Integrated red light and speed camera database including community-generated alerts
• Speed limits for most major roads with the capability to report speed limit changes or errors
• Where Am I? emergency locator shows your exact latitude and longitude, the nearest address and intersection, and the closest hospitals, police stations and gas stations
• Exit services allow you to quickly see services such as restaurants, gas stations and lodging available at exits along your route
• Trip planner allows you to create a route with multiple stops in advance with automatic or manual ordering of destinations
• Address book integration so you can easily navigate to contacts
• Trip computer includes a compass heading and bearing indicator, resettable odometer and trip statistics such as arrival distance, next turn time and average moving speed
• Trip log enables an electronic breadcrumb trail that shows you where you’ve been
• Weather feature shows current conditions and a 5-day forecast
• Location sharing via Facebook or SMS
Garmin StreetPilot has been designed to run on iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS, and it works on GPS-enabled iPads as well.
Map coverage- Garmin StreetPilot U.S.A. (Lower 49 States)
United States (excluding Alaska), Plus Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, The Bahamas, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saint Barthélemy
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.9
Updated HERE maps
I downloaded this App on the iPhone 6 Plus, and so far it works great. The overall experience is very similar to dedicated Garmin GPS units like the Nuvi. No glitches or crashes after using for about a half-dozen cross-town trips, and one 3 hour drive. “Hey Siri” works even while the GPS is providing route navigation, and I was able to dictate and send a text message, and then switch back to the Garmin App all hands free! Phone calls will hide the Map until the call is over, but the Navigation resumes with no issues. iTunes music will stream via Bluetooth or USB in the background, and my Car Radio was still able to control Skip/Pause functions without affecting the Garmin App. Music volume automatically turns down when Garmin speaks directions. I turned my Cellular Network off entirely, and the GPS continued to work perfectly – so no worries about bleeding down the Data Plan.
A couple gripes: 1.) the App will not launch in Landscape mode. You must start the app, rotate the phone, and then secure in your windshield mount. Other Apple Apps will automatically start in Landscape orientation if the phone is already sideways. 2.) There is no way to connect the Garmin App to Garmin BaseCamp software – so you cannot transfer personal favorites or custom routes (BOOO). Not sure if this is Garmin’s fault – maybe Apple doesn’t allow Apps to do this for security reasons?
Works as well as my 2 Garmin GPS units
I have 2 Garmin stand alone GPS units...a basic 255W and a much more sophisticated 3790. On my iPhone 6 Plus this app gives me functionality similar to the 3790.
Some reviewers have complained about the time it takes to update this app when it pushes out new maps. This surprises me as the time to update is actually less than the time it takes to update the maps on my 255W and 3790.
Updated maps are provided for those devices about 4 times a year. Just like this app. Personally I am glad Garmin has seen fit to update the maps for this app free of charge! Updating the maps on my dedicated GPS units requires that I remove them from my cars and connect them to a computer. This is much more of a hassle than updating the maps on my iPhone...which just takes some taps on the screen.
Last point, occasionally this app has updates that don't include updated maps. When that is the case you do not have to go through the map update process, and commit large amounts of time, as one reviewer states.
If you have an iPhone and no dedicated GPS device this app can serve as a worthy replacement.
Don't let stupid users skew you away
So for what it's worth, if you like Garmin's OS and their time honored GPS interface you will enjoy this app. Its a great stand alone app or as a last mile companion to a hardware unit.
I use the app extensively for my motorcycle, and on trips when I'm in a rental car. Its just as good as a hardware unit.
If you start and stop the map download it can get corrupted. If it does you will have some of the issues people complain about. Only major highways only etc..
If I had one complaint its that they force you to download the large mapsets. With a cellular device you could easily segment the maps files and use a cloud based mapset, but Im sure they will get there someday.
For now its a 60$ nuvi.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 10, 2014
- Version: 2.9
- Size: 130 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Garmin International
- © Garmin International, Inc. 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- photoLive Traffic Cameras $5.99
- Panorama View 3D$9.99
- Urban Guidance$4.99
- Vehicle Display Integration$49.99