The VIRB® Edit desktop app combines your VIRB video footage with GPS and other data from any VIRB action camera or a compatible Garmin device. The result is a rich, memorable, video experience that you can easily share and post online.
• HyperFrame Director Mode - Re-frame video content after filming using smooth camera pans, impressively wide angles, and tiny planets
• RAW Stitching - Import and stitch 360º videos recorded in RAW mode
• Create new custom logo gauges by dragging images into the player view
• Easily edit and view 360 videos, add 4K spherical stabilization and add augmented reality G-Metrix™ data overlays (available only on VIRB 360®)
• Add G-Metrix™ templates, gauges, and graphs to show speed, elevation, heart rate, g-force, lap data, and more
• View your entire video alongside a map with your track information
• Capture a full 360 view photo from a 360 video
• Assisted video editor automatically highlights the best moments from your video footage
• Trim, reorder and stitch clips together
• Apply slow motion to your videos
• Add music to your videos
• Add text and titles to your videos
• Built-in sharing to easily post footage on YouTube®, Facebook®, Vimeo® and Garmin Connect™ Share or export to your computer
Added support for macOS Mojave
Improved stability when opening certain fit files
Ratings and Reviews
so far so good
I have Garmin VIRB camera that I use for aviation and so far this software works pretty well under Mac OS Sierra on Mid-2017 Macbook Pro 15”. I didn’t try it with High Sierra yet so I can’t comment if it works with High Sierra. Otherwise, I can view my flights with GPS statistics (G-Matrix) no problem. I actually like this software but I have been using it mostly for viewing video clips with the G-Matrix data displayed on. I’m very pleased about being able to see basic flight data (elevation, speed, distance, map) right on my clip so I can analyze my flight at home.
Crashes on Export
App is super buggy and crashes on exporting video, worthless!! I’ve tried on 3 different computers and can’t get this thing to work, macbook, windows 10 and windows 7. Overall crappy software from Garmin as I probably should’ve expected from previous experience with this company.
worthless for overlays
Bought the Virb elite 30 specifically for the g-metrix for cycling. Virb edit is not intuitive and difficult to find/add gauges - frustrating waste of time. very unhappy. looking at poor reviews from 2014 I’d like to know why this hasnt been fixed - very poor support.
- Garmin International
- 85.9 MB
- English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2018 Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.