Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
WebUpdater makes it easy to update your Garmin device software without using a web browser. Just connect your device to your Mac, run WebUpdater and follow the screen prompts.
What's New in Version 2.1.3
Fixed GTU 10 device software update issue.
Fixed a rare start up crash
Won't find my device
I downloaded this app store version thinking that it would find my 3790 Nuvi, but it won't. I rebooted, I tried their communicator plug in, but none of that worked. The old app seems to see my device and download the updates, but they won't install since it then says it can't find the device. My Mac and Safari are fully up to date and I tried it with Chrome. No useful error messages either. I will have to find a PC to update the maps. The device won't mount as a drive like their help pages say either. However, it charges fine from a variety of USB cables that I tried. Those cables work fine for other devices. My TomTom Software works much better for my other GPS unit.
Hints For Garmin
Put some error messages in there so at least people with a clue can do some more work finding out why it might not work.
Update you help pages beyond old versions of the OS and browsers.
The old updater apps used to work a few months ago.
Blame Apple, but, your debugging team should have figured things out and issues an update. I can't be the only Mac user out here.
This is a great app! I have been using it for years from Garmin's website. It lets you update your Garmin GPS software and choose individual updates, including different voices for your device. For newer devices; such as, nüvi 3590LMT, it has been way easier to use this app to update GPS software than Garmin's myDashboard page. I give it 5 stars for its ease-of-use and it does exactly what it says.
Simple and Effective
Works fine with my MacBook Pro (OS X 10.6.8) and my Garmin nüvi 3490LMT, but it could be better.
• It doesn't update the map data. You have to use other means for that (such as the Garmin Lifetime Updater program).
• There is no ability to ignore irrelevant updates (such as text-to-speech voices in foreign languages).
• It doesn't handle optional updates (such as the extra vehicle icons available on the Garmin web site).
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Feb 27, 2012
- Version: 2.1.3
- Size: 9.7 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Garmin International
- Copyright © 2012 Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries
Compatibility: OS X 10.4 or later