GateGuru, Airport Info & Flight Status
By Mobility Apps LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GateGuru is a “Top 5 Air Travel App” - CNN!
Winner of numerous awards for Best Travel or Airport app!
And now, a TripAdvisor Company!
Introducing GateGuru 4.0 – the ONLY travel app that provides all of the flight and airport information you need to manage your ENTIRE day-of travel. Now with a new gorgeous, seamless, and traveler centric design!
GateGuru is the only travel app (free or paid) that provides real-time flight status with push notifications along with a wealth of airport content specifically customized to YOUR itinerary.
And now, users can reserve last-minute airport rental cars at significantly discounted rates that are exclusive only through GateGuru!
GateGuru brings back what the day-of travel was supposed to be – efficient, relaxing and even fun. Download now and see the difference!
USE GATEGURU HOW YOU WANT TO
-Looking for something airport specific – Search by Airport.
-Want GateGuru to provide real-time flight status info, push notifications as well as all of the airport content (customized based on your itinerary) – add a flight!
AWARDS AND PRESS HIGHLIGHTS
- Featured by Apple in a national television commercial and print campaign
- Winner of numerous related awards for Best Travel App
- Recommended on The Today Show, NY Times, WSJ, USAToday and many more!
OWN YOUR DAY-OF TRAVEL - LEVERAGE THE FULL GATEGURU FUNCTIONALITY
To get started, add your itinerary to GateGuru (easiest way is to email it to email@example.com).
Once you input your itinerary, GateGuru does the rest! We automatically connect the dots for every part of your day-of travel experience. Some of the relevant information that GateGuru provides a traveler:
- Check-in airport terminal
- Airport weather
- Terminal and gate arrival and departure information
- Real time flight status with push notifications for changes and updates
- Estimated TSA security wait times for your checkpoints
- Airport food and amenity information (with over 35,000 ratings and reviews), customized to your arrival and departure terminal
- Airport maps and tips to help you navigate an unfamiliar airport
- Last minute rental car bookings with substantial savings
Connect with us:
What's New in Version 4.3
- New functionality: Flight Board! View all of the departing and arriving flights for thousands of worldwide airports
- Better communication for airports where we have limited data
- In-app airport requests
- Various user experience and design improvements
- More flexibility around how you connect your Tripit account
- Bug and crash fixes
- "GateGuru, a TripAdvisor company" header
Helpful but Faulty App
The app itself is helpful but that quality is utterly diminished by how faulty the app is. When my flight was delayed (which it's worth mentioning I found that out through this app far before the airline's app did or before they notified me via cold call— so points for punctuality) I needed to delete the original trip. I have deleted and deleted but it doesn't actually delete anything so I just kept receiving a bombardment of gate updates for a trip that I was no longer on.
You have the option of creating a trip and adding flights to each trip. Yeah, that doesn't work and you have to go in and just create separate trips for each destination. This creates clutter and is entirely time consuming. Plus it derails from a smooth and unified layout/user experience.
You would heavily benefit from a patch update or two or three.
I discovered GG when my husband was traveling. It let me track his itinerary & in some cases, it had info, before he did, in the airport. It's great if you are dropping or picking up someone, as well. It's not perfect, there are times when the info is slow to update, rare times when incorrect (though, the fault might land w/the airline or airport, who is feeding the info). It's value as a great source of flight, airline & airport info (terminals, where to eat & more) far exceeds it's imperfections, to me. Even if you're a seasoned traveler, you will be glad you downloaded & use this app. I hope they work out the few issues that come up, because I plan on relying on this app a lot.
Flight info out of date
On my most recent trip which consisted of two legs, outward bound, it worked like a charm, very useful when going through DFW to know that I would need to take the shuttle to the next terminal in order to make my connecting flight. Homeward bound was a disappointment, though. My flight had been cancelled due to bad weather, and the app never updated to reflect the latest info. My new flight was delayed twice also due to weather, and the app still didn't update. The only thing it was useful for was to find a restaurant. Very disappointed in the flight tracking features of this app, but it is good for terminal information. Too bad it's not good for both.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jul 07, 2013
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 48.3 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Mobility Apps LLC
- © 2013 GateGuru, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.