Gather - In real life
By GatherApp Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Invite and be invited to anything!
Gather is the easiest way to get together with friends. Stop chatting and have an experience. All you need is an idea.
Spend more of your time with friends. Use Gather to invite and be invited. Like texting but more lightweight, beautiful, and fun, you can send a Gather invite to anyone in your contacts list. They don’t have to download the app or visit clunky web sites to receive the invite.
With Gather you can also organize people by what you like to do with them.
Do you have activities you like to do with different sets of people? Like playing pick-up basketball, going out to see music, and hunting for Pokemon?
- With Gather you can create an invite list for anything you like to do and add your friends, or share it on Facebook and your friends who are interested can join on their own. Then next time you want to see who is in all you have is press one button to invite the whole list.
- Any invite you create that is public goes on your profile so your friends can see what you like do to and join anything they are also interested in.
- You can also view your friends profiles and see what they like to do and join any that interest you!
Every time you open Gather, you’ll see new experiences you can have with friends.
Have an idea but you don’t want to force your friends into a group message?
- With Gather you can send an invite to friends and only if they say they are in will they join the chat.
Do you want to do something but you don’t want to make an official event out of it?
- Gather invites are designed to be light-weight and simple. An invite can be as simple as, “Let’s go to the movies” or “Who wants to hang out tonight?”. It can be as specific as, “Radiohead show tomorrow night at 10pm” or “Pick-up soccer Sunday at noon.”
Do you have a few extra tickets to an event but your not sure which friends can go?
- With Gather you can set a max limit on attendees (say two) and send an invite to 15 people and the first two who say they are in will get the tix!
In addition with Gather you can…
- Create invite lists of friends that can be collaborative and be shared on all social channels
- Group chat
- Create invite-only invites, friends of friends invites, or set a max limit on how many friends can join.
Don’t let your awesome ideas go unrealized. Get Gather.
What's New in Version 1.12.1
We're always improving Gather to be the best way to get together with friends. Here's what's new in this version:
- Have other plans and can't make it to a friend's invite? Let them know that you're down Next Time.
- Chats will now let you know which messages you've missed since you last opened the invite.
- Invites in your feed with new chats will now show at the top of your feed so you don't miss out on any of the fun.
- Lots of bug fixes and performance improvements.
We have so much good stuff in the works, come back soon for every more awesomeness from Gather :D
Do not install!
You probably got here the way I did, by a link texted from someone (maybe someone you know) saying "your friends want to hang out." Per a number of news articles, when you open this app, it will text EVERYONE IN YOUR CONTACT LIST.
Furthermore, they are clearly "ballot stuffing" this review section with fake 5-star reviews to counteract all the 1-stars pointing out their sketchy, if not outright fraudulent, behavior. As proof, note the 4 reviews about 15 hours older than this one all from users with names of the form "adjective-vegetable-three digit number." This is a big no-no, I have reported them to Apple, and I urge you to do so as well if you have been impacted by this.
False advertising, fake reviews
Somehow they had my phone number, and they texted me saying that my friends were inviting me to something on the app. I downloaded the app, and found it was not true.
You can see a lot of other one star reviews had a similar experience. The five star reviews look generic and paid for, so this is just an overall dishonest app developer. 🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮
Edit: just got another text from these dishonest people. When I get home, I'll search for a way to report to them on the App Store. Also the fake reviews are so obvious with their terrible English, one-liner lies.
You have no friends it's more spam
You have no friends and nobody wants to share with you. It's a cheeky marketing tactic.
Zero stars if I could. Your marketing is shady. I haven't reached out to you and "it's illegal to send unsolicited commercial email messages to wireless devices" garbage and I hope your little work around by using people who sign up blows up in your face. We have enough illegitimacy when it comes to quality service, how's it working out for you? Is this going how you thought it would go... Tuna 1 Lion 0 ... your move