Gather - Invites
By GatherApp Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Invite and be invited to anything!
Gather is the easiest way to get together with friends. Stop chatting and have an experience. All you need is an idea.
Spend more of your time with friends. Use Gather to invite and be invited. Like texting but more lightweight, beautiful, and fun, you can send a Gather invite to anyone in your contacts list. They don’t have to download the app or visit clunky web sites to receive the invite.
With Gather you can also organize people by what you like to do with them.
Do you have activities you like to do with different sets of people? Like playing pick-up basketball, going out to see music, and hunting for Pokemon?
- With Gather you can create an invite list for anything you like to do and add your friends, or share it on Facebook and your friends who are interested can join on their own. Then next time you want to see who is in all you have is press one button to invite the whole list.
- Any invite you create that is public goes on your profile so your friends can see what you like do to and join anything they are also interested in.
- You can also view your friends profiles and see what they like to do and join any that interest you!
Every time you open Gather, you’ll see new experiences you can have with friends.
Have an idea but you don’t want to force your friends into a group message?
- With Gather you can send an invite to friends and only if they say they are in will they join the chat.
Do you want to do something but you don’t want to make an official event out of it?
- Gather invites are designed to be light-weight and simple. An invite can be as simple as, “Let’s go to the movies” or “Who wants to hang out tonight?”. It can be as specific as, “Radiohead show tomorrow night at 10pm” or “Pick-up soccer Sunday at noon.”
Do you have a few extra tickets to an event but your not sure which friends can go?
- With Gather you can set a max limit on attendees (say two) and send an invite to 15 people and the first two who say they are in will get the tix!
In addition with Gather you can…
- Create invite lists of friends that can be collaborative and be shared on all social channels
- Group chat
- Create invite-only invites, friends of friends invites, or set a max limit on how many friends can join.
Don’t let your awesome ideas go unrealized. Get Gather.
What's New in Version 1.7.1
Gather is back with more goodness, this update includes:
-Spice up your invites by adding a filter to them
-Create an open invite for all your friends to see
-New fresh designs
Get your friends together and do something fun!
Great app but...
It's a great app. I've been using it to plan study groups and weekend outing with friends. However, there are two downsides that can hopefully be fixed and make the app even better. One, once someone has been invited, they can't be removed from the invitation. And two, to tell the creator of the invite that you can't make it, you have to say you are going but tell them in the chat that you aren't. There should be three buttons when you receive an invitation: yes, no, maybe. Other than that, it is a great app and it's very useful.
Easy and fun
This fun and easy to use app is great for making plans with your friends without having to play phone tag or have endless 'What are we doing and what time will you be there' conversations. The graphics are bright and simple. Everything is very easy to use. I like that you can make open invites. That will come in handy when I'm just hanging at home, but would welcome some company.
Easy for last minute planning
Nice update. Made figuring out what to do very simple and easy. Been playing pickup basket ball every weekend now. 🔥