Gather - In real life
By GatherApp Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Invite and be invited to anything!
Gather is the easiest way to get together with friends. Stop chatting and have an experience. All you need is an idea.
Spend more of your time with friends. Use Gather to invite and be invited. Like texting but more lightweight, beautiful, and fun, you can send a Gather invite to anyone in your contacts list. They don’t have to download the app or visit clunky web sites to receive the invite.
With Gather you can also organize people by what you like to do with them.
Do you have activities you like to do with different sets of people? Like playing pick-up basketball, going out to see music, and hunting for Pokemon?
- With Gather you can create an invite list for anything you like to do and add your friends, or share it on Facebook and your friends who are interested can join on their own. Then next time you want to see who is in all you have is press one button to invite the whole list.
- Any invite you create that is public goes on your profile so your friends can see what you like do to and join anything they are also interested in.
- You can also view your friends profiles and see what they like to do and join any that interest you!
Every time you open Gather, you’ll see new experiences you can have with friends.
Have an idea but you don’t want to force your friends into a group message?
- With Gather you can send an invite to friends and only if they say they are in will they join the chat.
Do you want to do something but you don’t want to make an official event out of it?
- Gather invites are designed to be light-weight and simple. An invite can be as simple as, “Let’s go to the movies” or “Who wants to hang out tonight?”. It can be as specific as, “Radiohead show tomorrow night at 10pm” or “Pick-up soccer Sunday at noon.”
Do you have a few extra tickets to an event but your not sure which friends can go?
- With Gather you can set a max limit on attendees (say two) and send an invite to 15 people and the first two who say they are in will get the tix!
In addition with Gather you can…
- Create invite lists of friends that can be collaborative and be shared on all social channels
- Group chat
- Create invite-only invites, friends of friends invites, or set a max limit on how many friends can join.
Don’t let your awesome ideas go unrealized. Get Gather.
What's New in Version 1.9.3
Bug fixes and improvements.
Great App That is Easy to Use!
The app is very simple to install and even easier to use. It’s easy to connect with friends and plan for different outings and other events. What makes it easy is that your friends can still chat with you even if they don’t have the app. It makes it very easy to hook up with other friends that have similar interests. I like that you don’t have to remember who enjoys what because the app does it for you. This app also makes it easier for you to learn more about acquaintances and what they enjoy if you don’t know the person as much as a close person.
The app GUI is simple to figure out yet there are a lot of features. You can view feeds and also classify your friends based on criteria you provide. The invitation and activity feeds give you ideas on stuff to do if you are at a loss for ideas. It is a really well organized and helpful app. I highly recommend it!
This application is very interesting. I really like the color scheme, it gives it a playful vibe. I also like the UI design. Everything is easy to use and it looks modern. The readily available event names are hilarious. My favorite one is "Taco De Mayo", "Sprang Break", and "Netflix and Chill". I like how I can just invite my contacts directly from inside the app instead of inputting their information. I would of liked the option to login with my Facebook or Twitter account. Creating your own event is fun and you can even change the background and it even moves! This is a nice app that lets you invite your friends to events all from one spot. You can even all chat with each other in the app! So it would be ideal for friends that don't do Facebook and can't receive event invites through it. One thing I would like to see is a night mode because the white background is a little too bright for me. Overall, great app!
An interesting invite app
Overall I find it a very fun and interesting app to use. The invites it sends out are pretty cool and easy to set up. It has a bunch of invite categories. You can also make up a customized invite for whatever you want. You can invite friends for different events. There are a lot of different events to chose from. They change pretty regularly so there is something new.
The setup is very easy. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to use the app. Once I did it was easy to use. My friends thought the invites were pretty cool. We don't use them every time but it's cool to have custom invites for certain events. It has some stock ones as well as the ability to make custom ones. It also has seasonal ones like Christmas or certain big music events.
Give it a whirl it's a pretty fun little event app. It's fun to play with.