Gather - In real life
By GatherApp Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Invite and be invited to anything!
Gather is the easiest way to get together with friends. Stop chatting and have an experience. All you need is an idea.
Spend more of your time with friends. Use Gather to invite and be invited. Like texting but more lightweight, beautiful, and fun, you can send a Gather invite to anyone in your contacts list. They don’t have to download the app or visit clunky web sites to receive the invite.
With Gather you can also organize people by what you like to do with them.
Do you have activities you like to do with different sets of people? Like playing pick-up basketball, going out to see music, and hunting for Pokemon?
- With Gather you can create an invite list for anything you like to do and add your friends, or share it on Facebook and your friends who are interested can join on their own. Then next time you want to see who is in all you have is press one button to invite the whole list.
- Any invite you create that is public goes on your profile so your friends can see what you like do to and join anything they are also interested in.
- You can also view your friends profiles and see what they like to do and join any that interest you!
Every time you open Gather, you’ll see new experiences you can have with friends.
Have an idea but you don’t want to force your friends into a group message?
- With Gather you can send an invite to friends and only if they say they are in will they join the chat.
Do you want to do something but you don’t want to make an official event out of it?
- Gather invites are designed to be light-weight and simple. An invite can be as simple as, “Let’s go to the movies” or “Who wants to hang out tonight?”. It can be as specific as, “Radiohead show tomorrow night at 10pm” or “Pick-up soccer Sunday at noon.”
Do you have a few extra tickets to an event but your not sure which friends can go?
- With Gather you can set a max limit on attendees (say two) and send an invite to 15 people and the first two who say they are in will get the tix!
In addition with Gather you can…
- Create invite lists of friends that can be collaborative and be shared on all social channels
- Group chat
- Create invite-only invites, friends of friends invites, or set a max limit on how many friends can join.
Don’t let your awesome ideas go unrealized. Get Gather.
What's New in Version 1.11
We're constantly improving Gather to be the best and most fun way to organize hangouts with friends. Here's what's new in this version:
- Discover new people who want to hang with our new friends of friends feature!
- Lots of various styling updates and bug fixes.
Purposeful App with lots of potential
The purpose of this app is clean and straightforward--to rally the excitement of groups of friends, get out, and do more together. It's more of an artsy event planner than a full-fledged social media platform.
Gather is still very simple and understated, even underdeveloped to be honest, but I think that is one of it's best qualities and reasons for its potential popularity. Much of the time it's a challenge getting friends to peel themselves away from their exclusive devotion to Facebook, but that's why apps such as this are made--to try something new and refreshing. And who knows, Gather may hopefully offer spiffy new additions like iMessage and other social media integrations.
Try it the next time you're with a group of friends. Have everyone download it, set it up, and create your next Gather get together!
Interesting Concept, Would Love to See Future Implementation
Downloaded the app today and understand the concept. The application has many future possibilities for its users, but further integration is necessary to help boost user-functionality.
Possible iMessage integration or Social Media networking would do well for the application.
Love the artwork and subtlety of the animations, customization of events (photos linked with Google Images, Gifs, etc) and avatars to increase eye-candy already made.
1) Artwork scrolling/selection wheel is only visible when keyboard is present. Should allow artwork to be selected through both left&right scrolling as well as the selection bar/wheel without keyboard present.
> No other suggestions/changes found.
Overall, great application. Can't wait to see it in the hands of others in the future!
Simple and Effective
I'm a big fan of group texting but some people aren't so this app gives you the choice of having your phone ring off the hook! You can check it when you want or get notifications! The app has great graphics that make everything easy to understand and they even give you suggestions on what to do during your hangouts. I'm getting all my friends on board!