By Turisme de Barcelona
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Official guide to Barcelona’s Gaudí landmarks by Turisme de Barcelona.
The GaudíBCN audioguide lets you discover the work of the visionary architect who left Barcelona a legacy of unique landmarks.
Admire the beauty and originality of 11 unforgettable places, 5 of them Unesco World Heritage Sites: the Sagrada Família, Park Güell, the Casa Batlló and the Casa Milà, or “La Pedrera”...
More than one hour of audio content covering dazzling façades that resemble ocean waves, rooftops with chimneys that look like warriors, dragon-shaped fountains... Details and curiosities that will help you discover the work of the great modernista architect as you stroll through Barcelona.
With the app GaudíBCN you’ll be able to...
- Visit Gaudí’s buildings at your leisure, in the order you want: each chapter deals with a landmark buildings and also features information about Gaudí, Catalonia’s home-grown art nouveau movement, Modernisme, and the city.
- Discover every detail of the façades and interiors in an entertaining and enjoyable way with the narrator’s descriptions accompanied by music and sound effects.
- Complete the experience with more than 200 photos of the places to visit, as well as up-to-the-minute, practical information about access and opening times.
In addition to the audio content, the guide also features...
- A gallery of photos you can zoom in on to admire the details and discover the building in greater depth.
- Geolocation that allows you to plot your current location on the Barcelona map and see how far away you are from the buildings on the route (developed for Wi Fi or 3G connections).
- A text version, which you can consult throughout the audioguided tour, features useful information: opening times, how to get there, location on the map, public transport in the area, etc.
- GaudíBCN is designed to be used with or without an internet connection.
- More than 200 high-quality images suitable for devices with high-resolution retina displays.
- Compatible with iPhone and iPodTouch handsets.
What's New in Version 1.1
A new place to visit was added to the guide: the Crypt of the Colonia Güell
Good potential, poor execution.
Primarily got it for the map and the audio. Getting to the map is awkward as you have to drill down into a location in order to see the map - puzzling UI.
However the biggest complaint is poor / incorrect implementation of the audio. If the phone is on vibrate, the audio doesn't output. If the phone is locked, the audio stops playing. This cripples a potentially great function.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Oct 16, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 102 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Turisme de Barcelona
- © 2011 Turisme de Barcelona
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.