Gboard is a new keyboard from Google for your iPhone. It has all the things you would expect from a great keyboard — GIFs, emojis, and Glide Typing — plus Google Search built in. No more app switching; just search and send, right from your keyboard.
Search and send anything from Google:
• Nearby stores and restaurants
• Videos and images
• Weather forecasts
• News and articles
• Sports scores
• And anything else you’d search on Google
GIFs — Search GIFs for the best reaction
Emoji Search — Find the perfect emoji, faster
Glide Typing — Type faster by sliding your finger from letter to letter
We know the things you type on your phone are personal, so we’ve designed Gboard to keep your private information private.
What Gboard sends to Google:
• Gboard sends your searches to Google’s web servers to give you search results.
• Gboard also sends usage statistics to Google to let us know which features are used most often and to help us understand problems if the app crashes.
• If you use Gboard’s microphone, voice input will be sent to Google for transcription.
What Gboard doesn’t send to Google:
• Other than your searches and voice inputs, Gboard doesn't send anything you type to Google, whether it’s a password or chat with a friend.
• To help you with spelling and to predict searches you might be interested in, Gboard will store the words you type on your device. This data is not accessible by Google or by any apps, and can be cleared at any time.
• If you’ve turned on contacts search in Gboard search settings, this allows Gboard to search the contacts on your device so you can easily share. None of these queries are sent to Google.
In case you missed some of our recent features, here's what Gboard has added in the last few updates:
• Your minis: Stickers based on you. Create and customize minis inspired by your photos, and share them in any app.
• You can now type in multiple languages without having to change the language! Just add the languages that you want via the Gboard app, then start typing or swiping!
*Not all languages are supported.
• Improved voice typing experience.
• Added new fun camera effects for MAKE A GIF!
• Dvorak and Colemak layouts for the English keyboard.
• Morse keyboard.
Ratings and Reviews
Come on Google!!
Why is SwiftKey still so much better? The only reason I don't go back to SwiftKey (yet) is because of gboards ability to 'talk to text'. SwiftKey does not have this option, but their predictive text is so much better, I am on the verge of switching back even without that feature. First of all, why do I have to press the space bar in order for gboard to predict my next word? On SwiftKey you don't have to. Secondly, why does it not save what I have typed in before? SwiftKey does! Third, why when I type in the same word every single day, that when I try to type in the word again it still predicts other words that I never use instead of what I typically type in? When I type the same word every day that begin with the letters PSA, it still predicts some random words rather than the word I type in every single day! Why!?! SwiftKey will predict the right word as soon as I put the P because it assumes since I use that word more than any other word EVER, that I am probably going to use that word again!! Lastly, and probably most important, please allow (like SwiftKey) the ability to hard-press a predicted word to delete it out of memory! That way the predictions for the word I am trying to type might actually come up rather than words in YOUR database that I NEVER use! Allow me to add or delete words so that it will predict words that I want it to, that I ACTUALLY use!!
PLEASE MAKE THESE CHANGES AND THIS WILL BE THE NUMBER 1 UTILITY APP!
Very Minor and Fixable Issues. Overall Great Keyboard
I love this but it's not perfected yet. 3D touch would be better if you can also go up and down. The clean clear look is so beautiful personally I don't like dark themes but I love the fact that that option is there so I can recommend this keyboard to people who don't. This also saves me space because I don't need a separate gif keyboard and I can use this on any platform. Backspacing shouldn't undo autocorrect. I frequently misspell words especially with Swype so autocorrect works wonders but Everytime I have to change my wording I don't I'd prefer to not have to change the whole thing due to my lack of spelling ( mostly because I type to fast to care thanks to autocorrect ) also integration with private modes may be nice. Like how this keyboard turns off with passwords, turning off suggestive text on private modes would be nice to. This could also just be me and the lack of attention I pay when I'm typing but I sometimes changes to j. Overall thou these are minor and I love this keyboard.
Well, I've used it long enough to not want to go back but...
Take a guess what I might have meant in the next paragraph. I typed this with the gboard and purposely didn't correct the typos so you can see what I mean. I spend so much time fixing this stupid board but I'm spoiled on swiping. (I corrected above. Below is usual results. I am a college professor. I am not illiterate as this might suggest.)
I've been using this keyboard for a pretty long time. So long I can't guess. I am spilled on swing and just do it automatically now so if I end up on the native iPhone keyboard I end up with one letter of the word because I automatically stay don't. But this keyboard if Buffy. I wants to hang up on one letter and give you just the first letter or the number behind it. I have tried to press note lightly, more carefully, you name it and it still hands up. It also learns your ring which means that it learns your most common wrong series and keeps putting them up as the most likely thing you meant. It also intuits the strangest words that ai would never use. I is almost always spelled ai. It drives me nuts and wastes time.
- Google, Inc.
- 156.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Google, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.