Gboard is a new keyboard from Google for your iPhone. It has all the things you would expect from a great keyboard — GIFs, emojis, and Glide Typing — plus Google Search built in. No more app switching; just search and send, right from your keyboard.
Search and send anything from Google:
• Nearby stores and restaurants
• Videos and images
• Weather forecasts
• News and articles
• Sports scores
• And anything else you’d search on Google
GIFs — Search GIFs for the best reaction
Emoji Search — Find the perfect emoji, faster
Glide Typing — Type faster by sliding your finger from letter to letter
Gboard for iPhone and iPad supports the following languages:
• Portuguese (Brazil)
• Portuguese ( Portugal)
• Simplified Chinese
• Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)
• Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong)
We know the things you type on your phone are personal, so we’ve designed Gboard to keep your private information private.
What Gboard sends to Google:
• Gboard sends your searches to Google’s web servers to give you search results.
• Gboard also sends usage statistics to Google to let us know which features are used most often and to help us understand problems if the app crashes.
• If you use Gboard’s microphone, voice input will be sent to Google for transcription.
What Gboard doesn’t send to Google:
• Other than your searches and voice inputs, Gboard doesn't send anything you type to Google, whether it’s a password or chat with a friend.
• To help you with spelling and to predict searches you might be interested in, Gboard will store the words you type on your device. This data is not accessible by Google or by any apps, and can be cleared at any time.
• If you’ve turned on contacts search in Gboard search settings, this allows Gboard to search the contacts on your device so you can easily share. None of these queries are sent to Google.
In this version we have:
• Language support for Bangla, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, and Telugu and their variants
• Added support for new 12.1 Emojis
In case you missed some of our recent features, here's what Gboard has added in the last few updates:
• Your minis: Stickers based on you. Create and customize minis inspired by your photos, and share them in any app.
• You can now type in multiple languages without having to change the language! Just add the languages you want via the Gboard app then start typing or swiping!
*Not all languages are supported.
• Improved voice typing experience.
• Added new fun camera effects for MAKE A GIF!
• Dvorak and Colemak layouts for the English keyboard.
• Morse keyboard.
Ratings and Reviews
Come on Google!!
Why is SwiftKey still so much better? The only reason I don't go back to SwiftKey (yet) is because of gboards ability to 'talk to text'. SwiftKey does not have this option, but their predictive text is so much better, I am on the verge of switching back even without that feature. First of all, why do I have to press the space bar in order for gboard to predict my next word? On SwiftKey you don't have to. Secondly, why does it not save what I have typed in before? SwiftKey does! Third, why when I type in the same word every single day, that when I try to type in the word again it still predicts other words that I never use instead of what I typically type in? When I type the same word every day that begin with the letters PSA, it still predicts some random words rather than the word I type in every single day! Why!?! SwiftKey will predict the right word as soon as I put the P because it assumes since I use that word more than any other word EVER, that I am probably going to use that word again!! Lastly, and probably most important, please allow (like SwiftKey) the ability to hard-press a predicted word to delete it out of memory! That way the predictions for the word I am trying to type might actually come up rather than words in YOUR database that I NEVER use! Allow me to add or delete words so that it will predict words that I want it to, that I ACTUALLY use!!
PLEASE MAKE THESE CHANGES AND THIS WILL BE THE NUMBER 1 UTILITY APP!
Love, love, love!
The only thing I miss about having a Galaxy phone is the "Swype" keyboard and being able to customize my displays. The"Glide" (Swype) works beautifully. I've tried other Swype apps for iPhone and it wasn't worth it. Either it didn't have the 3D touch or was missing the voice text or something else, but this has it all so far as I can tell. I have the iPhone 8 plus which is pretty big in my small hands but now I can text with one hand easily again. I hope I don't find any deal breakers bc I'm excited about this keyboard. The 3d touch only lets you scroll thru horizontally instead of all around my keyboard but that's the only thing I've found so far and it's not a deal breaker. Also the Swype gets my words right like 99% of the time. A huge plus to be able to trust what it's typing without having to look at every word like with other apps.
It's also very customizable, which you know I like ♥‿♥
Of course that's just one feature of this app. Searching gifs and sending web pages are my other favorite features. Still so much to discover.
Great job on this app
I love the keyboard, just a few minor complaints
First of all, I want more customization with what keys I can add and remove. I'm grateful that I can add or remove the period from the keyboard but I think this should be possible with more keys. I removed the period from the keyboard because double spacing inserts a period anyway. But what about commas? There's no shortcut to inserting commas yet I use it very frequently when I type. Secondly, I also want the option to remove the "next keyboard" key. It sits between the numbers key and the Emojis key in the bottom left of the keyboard. Since I don't use any other keyboards now, it's just a pointless key taking up space on the keyboard. And maybe giving the option to insert quotations would be cool too. Also, it'd be cool if this keyboard could recognize slang. I find myself typing many made up words from the Urban dictionary and this keyboard doesn't know them. That's just a personal complaint but I thought I should mention it nonetheless. I love this keyboard, these are just some minor issues that keep me from rating it a perfect 5/5.
- Google LLC
- 166.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lingala, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Swiss German, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Google, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.